When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Experts: 90's 16570 (explorer II) what do you think?

youpmelone

thx by -thor, coming from you that is a good sign.

bought it without papers, well only copies, from a trustworthy source.

Who had a receipt from his purchase, but not an AD .

took the risk for around 1800 Euro.

1993, non AD service 1 year ago.

bezel looks misaligned but that should be an easy fix. hoping for no more flaws...

That's a fantastic watch, enjoy it! :)

PS: 1800€ wasn't a bad deal at all. I absolutely love the white ExpII (well, I love the black too). Such an under appreciated Rolex.

I wish the rep makers would replicate the white ExpII with the proper black hour marker surroundings, it's such a beauty!

BTw what is up with the lume?

How long does it need to recharge (has been in a box for most of last year)

Your ExpII has a tritium dial, which slowly loses most of its luminous abilities after 10-15 years. So if the lume is weak on your watch it's only natural. Nothing to worry about.

The newer versions have super luminova on the hour markers.

Your ExpII has a tritium dial, which slowly loses most of its luminous abilities after 10-15 years. So if the lume is weak on your watch it's only natural. Nothing to worry about.

Thought so already,

No relume possible i guess?

I love being able to tell time in the dark, and my wife thinks it is cool as well.. :-) Toys...

(btw hunted 6 months to get the right watch at the right time ...ehh price...-)

Personally, I wouldn't touch the dial. If someone doctors the dial (or even improves the lume), the watch might lose its value among the collectors. I think you got it for very nice price, and it might even be a decent investment (in the long run).

Keep it 100% original, that's always the best option with Rolexes.

I agree with BT, do not touch the Tritium dial & hands if at all possible. Over time, the Tritium should develop a rose patina which is terrific.

If you ever send it to RSC for service, insist on them not replacing the dial and hands. Otherwise, they will swap them out with the Luminova service parts and they will keep the originals. These alterations will adversely affect the value of your watch.

Luminova is just as bit boring, IMO. :p

BTW, great watch and considerably more collectible than the new model. Enjoy!

BT and Jet said it all.

Do not touch that Rolie.

If you ever send it to Rolex, take pictures with a newspaper to make sure you have a prove it was like that before they swapped all the parts for new ones.

Congrats for this purchase, it's indeed a nice piece way too much underestimated.

Cheers

Stephane

OKi cool. i will not send it to Rolex for service without extra precautions, nor will i swap the dial and hands for luminova parts!

Am very happy with the deal. Always a bit strange to take risks on so much money, but the risks payed out 2 times.

BTW: I have bad eyesight and love my 2002 GMT II with luminova in bed at night.