When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Strap Experts - What Did I Get?

I bought a group of 10 straps from a seller on Ebay. They are largely used but it seems like there are good names in the group. When the auction didn't hit his starting bid, I emailed him and settled on $500 versus his $600 starting bid. They are on the way. My perception was that he just wanted to dump the lot and I might be picking up a few good straps. What PAMaholic could resist the opportunity to pick up 9-10 straps with buckles all at once. And yes, I know some are beaten to crap. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

Veni and all you other strap experts - what did I get? Was it a good buy or dumb one? It felt like a Paul "crazy sale" :lol: where you actually get the stuff so I couldn't resist. Is this an :oops: or a :thumbs: I know this is somewhat of a silly topic but it is Friday and I am waiting for one last conference call.

Have a great weekend everyone. :)

The most important is that the right at the end is a very used useless strap but with a logo buckle...

Do a custom strap with this buckle and you already got your 250$ back ;)

Generally with a small calculation I did on the current prices you paid approx the same amount as sold seperately.

The only thing that you got a good deal is the genuine logo buckle (even if the strap is dead)

V-

Do you think you could come up with something very old and very cool for that buckle? Perhaps something in the Metta family or something of that ilk. ;)

I have plenty of gen Pre-V's with new straps. One of the reasons why I bought the lot was that it looked like nice buckles with beat straps. That one I might have to replace though. :)

Overall, it sounds like I made out alright.

V-

Do you think you could come up with something very old and very cool for that buckle? Perhaps something in the Metta family or something of that ilk. ;)

I have plenty of gen Pre-V's with new straps. One of the reasons why I bought the lot was that it looked like nice buckles with beat straps. That one I might have to replace though. :)

Overall, it sounds like I made out alright.

Of course I have something cool and old.. the same leather I wil use in my XaMas buckle..

The vintage Italian leather jacket from the 50's

56485-35409.jpg

56485-35410.jpg

The metta guy is long gone and he doesn't reply to emails maybe due to personal reasons.

Yes at the end it was a nice deal.. you didn't got a bargain but it was still a good deal. ;)

You appear to have gotten 5 nice tan and 5 nice black straps, but who needs that many of the same strap. You can probably sell many of these off over at Paneristi to offset your cost (or you might sell them here as well). The Dirks and MP can sell for $80-$120 easily if they're in good shape. Keep some, sell some.

Estaban-

I hear you. Once I see what they are and the condition I will figure out what to do with them. It was a very quick way to bulk up the "vintage" :lol: (read well worn) collection. I have plenty of gen pristeen straps but wanted a few I didn't care about. Given that the gen PAM straps cost anywhere from $200-250 with buckles I figured I would pick up a bunch of non PAM gens. :) I may be long a few too many straps. :whistling: I just couldn't resist the "grab bag" element of it. :thumbsupsmileyanim: