When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Show me Your Rubbers...

NotASolder

I'm beginning to think Rubber may be a dirty word here.

I search for 'Rubber' and besides finding a post titled 'Uh, Me So Horny' (which was not exactly rubber-centric) the most recent thread I found with Rubber straps as the main topic was a 7 months old, group buy thread.

As your fellow forumites have kindly pointed me in the right direction in my search for a Cheapskate-Newb PAM (special thanks to sssurfer and vbarret) I want to see what options are there for the aforementioned elastomeric band material.

I live in the tropical US, no, not FL -any place where fruit freezes on trees IS NOT tropical- and if I remember correctly the last time I wore a LEATHER strapped watch, well let's just say the strap developed a 'notorious smell' within weeks.

So I'm looking for a high humidity-cough*sweat*cough-weather resistant strap info, for my soon to be ordered PAM (if you help me out I may order a combo and save on s/h!!!) and in my NEWB mind that equals RUBBER.

Any reason I see so little love for the Rubbers... are there similar / better options???

:)

Edited by NotASolder

Jesus, no ss bracelets. I'm trying to look for an option that will keep the PAM 'look' while being practical for EDC.

It was my understanding that those waterproof skins: eel, shark, etc. where manufactured into straps using a non-water resistant 'filling' to give them thickness, an so the resultant strap was less water resistant than the name of skin itself might imply.

Is the Rubber strap historically incorrect?

Even on Paneristi well loved EDC PAMs are sold mostly with NIB rubber straps!

Oh, POTR I think i missread you. I though you meant anything before Steel.

I now think you mean anything before Timex type rubber...

Again, is the rubber strap NOT A 'CORRECT' PANERAI strap.

What exactly is wrong with it? Do you think the strap is what 'SELLS' thw watch as vbarret once typed?

Please elaborate. :)