When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Cartier Santos Chrono

gtd

• 1 month later...

Yep, I got the A7750, keeps excellent time.

Great watch, the only difference with the gen is that the chono pushers need to be a little more sharp at the edges, and not that round as the rep... But definitely an A grade rep. Recommended!

• 2 weeks later...
just ordered this one with a swiss7753.....as well as HKTan gator strap to go with this.....it s like i just srewed up my hedge funds acct...lol :mellow:

Please post pics when it arrives. I'm really interested in an all-SS swiss7753 Santos myself. I'm wondering if this is 1:1 or not. The rep sites list it as 41mm. The gen sites list it as 43mm, but call that an "XL" size. I just can't find any gen Cartier 100 chronos at 41mm. Other than that (which may or may not be an issue) the most noticeable flaw I see is some of the chrono subdial markers aren't quite bold enough. But there's a whole lot to like about this watch.

Awesome look. Congratulations. I have an inexpensive first generation non-chrono that is very nice for what it is. I've thought about moving up to a nicer version, and this two-tone chrono just might be it. A great sporty look that would also wear very, very well for a night on the town.

Hey Chieftang:

Placed an order with Angus for the SS 7753 chrono version...he said it will take a couple days since it is being custom made. I'll post pics when i receive it. I've liked this watch for a LONG time, and with the swiss 7753, you don't have the sunken datewheel issue.

Already have a HKTAN brown gator in da house, but I think the SS version looks better with the black. If anyone wants a HKTAN Santos 100 brown gator, PM me...i'll let it go for the same price without the wait.

Hey Chieftang:

Placed an order with Angus for the SS 7753 chrono version...he said it will take a couple days since it is being custom made. I'll post pics when i receive it. I've liked this watch for a LONG time, and with the swiss 7753, you don't have the sunken datewheel issue.

Already have a HKTAN brown gator in da house, but I think the SS version looks better with the black. If anyone wants a HKTAN Santos 100 brown gator, PM me...i'll let it go for the same price without the wait.

Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Please post pics when it arrives. I'm really interested in an all-SS swiss7753 Santos myself. I'm wondering if this is 1:1 or not. The rep sites list it as 41mm. The gen sites list it as 43mm, but call that an "XL" size. I just can't find any gen Cartier 100 chronos at 41mm. Other than that (which may or may not be an issue) the most noticeable flaw I see is some of the chrono subdial markers aren't quite bold enough. But there's a whole lot to like about this watch.

Chief, I think you are correct. I think this is under sized at 41mm.

Great watch though! :ohmy:

-MM

Chief, I think you are correct. I think this is under sized at 41mm.

Great watch though! :ohmy:

-MM

Yea, I'm just thinking there might be (or have been) a 41mm version of the gen because the 43mm is called "XL".

Edit: I found a 2004 Santos chrono on Ebay with the following measurements: 40.85x14.30x54.50mm. So 41mm is accurate for that model. I assume, then, that the 43mm XL version came recently.