When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ewan McGregor is a PAM man

Ham 'n' Pickle

Just watched a UK TV programme featuring sometime-action-man/sometime-actor Ewan McGregor, (he did 'Long Way Round' a while ago - trip around the world on BMW bikes - and is just about to appear in 'Long Way Down' on UK TV - a trip from the UK to South Africa I think), where he was taken on a trip into the rain forest of Honduras with survival expert Ray Mears.

Of possible interest to the group was his choive of wrist wear - a Panerai, presumably genuine.

I am nothing like an expert on PAMs so have no clue as to the model but it wasn't one of the 'adventure' ones as I would have thought, (Submersible sort of thing), but rather a shiney SS black faced model on a black leather strap. The strap had a bit of grain that looked almost 'carbon effect' and a very normal looking shiney buckle.

Anyone else see this ?

Ham 'n' Pickle.

Yah, spotted that myself, though no expert on Pams. Looked good though, better than I thought a Pam would on the wrist (not a fan). Has got me interested in that model. Come on guys, which one was it, 176 as VB says?

Incidentally, I'm shocked how unimaginative celebs are about straps.

Ex-President Clinton wears his 089 on the Diver Strap (which is fine, but not for official engagements with a suit!).

Crown Prince Felipe might have a large Mario Paci, GeF, and Toscana collection, but he's invariably seen wearing his 164 on the OEM Brown Gator it came with.

Orlando Bloom wore the OEM Burgundy on that Fiddy in Elizabethtown, we finally figured out, and on his own Cali 249, he wears the OEM calf tan it also came with.

WTF?

I'm glad Umberto Eco was wearing his aftermarket strap. But then, he's Italian and has taste.

Ex-President Clinton wears his 089 on the Diver Strap (which is fine, but not for official engagements with a suit!).

Crown Prince Felipe might have a large Mario Paci, GeF, and Toscana collection, but he's invariably seen wearing his 164 on the OEM Brown Gator it came with.

Orlando Bloom wore the OEM Burgundy on that Fiddy in Elizabethtown, we finally figured out, and on his own Cali 249, he wears the OEM calf tan it also came with.

WTF?

I'm glad Umberto Eco was wearing his aftermarket strap. But then, he's Italian and has taste.

Where on earth do you get your info from?? What a gold mine!!! :lol:

Hmm, just to clarify this wasn't on the 'Long Way Round' prog but during a trip into the rain forest. I suspect this prog was from a fair while ago though and it just being shown again to cross-promot his next bike trip prog.

Certainly during this shoot Ewan's PAM looked particularly shiney so I would suspect it wasn't a titanium model - I could quite easily believe he has more than one of course.

Ham 'n' Pickle.