When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie Experience Continued...

tomr

Thanks for for those who sent a "welcome note" from my earlier post. I purchased a DJ from Joshua last weekend and received it yesterday. I woke up this morning excited about my new purchase and looking forward to having it fitted at the local mall. There is a small shop there that I assumed wouldn't have an issue working on rep.

With my 6 year old tagging along and making me a little nuts, I asked the clerk if they would be able to fit my watch while I waited. He was very nice and agreed. I had him look at the watch while I was wearing it and we decided on the amount of links to remove. He didn't comment other than "it will be $20"

I though it was a little expensive but the combination of my daughter running around the store and the excitement of having it fitted properly, I decided not to haggle. After about 5 minutes, he returned and asked me to try it on. Perfect fit! He advised that it would be only $10 since it was a "knock off". I was a little taken back but didn't argue. He said that he quoted $20 because he thought it was genuine and that it was one of the best he had ever seen.

I paid my $10 and off I went. It was a good day................

I paid my $10 and off I went. It was a good day................

How strange! He cut you a break because he didn't think you could afford another tenner? Or because he got a pang of conscience, at the last minute?

But $5-$10 is about what I pay for sizing my watches, so I think you're the one who made out like a bandit.

BTW, my mum has a jeweler in Little Havana. $2 for sizing her watches. Sometimes, the guy does it for free, if it's a quickie sizing. Can't beat that.