When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

anyone bought on Ioffer?

llsteve80

You know, unemployment brings out hours of boredom and web surfing. I've seen Ioffer many times, but finally took the time to browse thru it for a while and there's lots of stuff going on there cheap, but how safe is it say compared to ebay? Tons of reps there, garbage mostly I'm sure but at least its allowed unlike on e bay. Nobody seems to have much feedback, but some of the names are the same as others that I've seen around. Like shawncivic, who keeps joining watch forums and trying to sell his "12 watches" from his personal collection. I don't get how he gets away with it. I don't think I would buy a gen on there, but maybe a rep and some rep/gen parts. I just don't know if I'd actually even get anything. I do know I like the fact that I can lowball people :)

So the question is, anyone here ever been totally gypped on ioffer?

I'm gonna do some googling and see who owns it and whatever.

I purchased about 14 watches off iOffer before finding RWG1. All but 2 were from one seller, a guy who got booted off for posting Rolex reps. He was great to deal with. The other 2 were Chanel reps. They were misrepresented on the site, but I knew I wasn't getting an ETA quartz for $54. :)

The guy I bought most of the watches from had a very high rating. The Panerais I bought from him are good reps, and they were very good deals. Most of the others were basic 21j reps, but for $90.

I don't feel the need to take the time to ferret out another good dealer, despite the lure of a "deal." Go for it if you can handle pulling in a bad fish now and then.

Hi,

I'm regularly buying there, especially for the cheaper reps, which are really...cheaper :)

Buying there means you know what you look for and also that you know what are the frequent and typical misrepresentations / descriptions.

The chances to be scammed or to be disappointed because you don't get what you thought are definitely higher. But again, if you know what you look for and don't deal with the unknown dealers (with 0 local ratings), you might find interesting to buy there.

What I got there, from 2 dealers mainly : B&R 01-92 reduced (103 dollars hipped), IWC Portuguese Quartz (75 dollars shipped), VC Tonneau fantasy (75 dollars shipped), VC Malta Chrono with ST-19 movement (200 dollars shipped), Omega Seamaster 007 L.E. (100 dollars shipped)

Besides I bought my HBB lite and chinese Nautilus through my favorite dealer Mark : he had no problem sourcing them.

Which I appreciate particularly is to pay less than 20 dollars for an EMS shipment. And also the fact that you can negociate the prices easily.

All watches received were as ordered and without defect. The only issue for the moment is concerning the movement in my Nautilus (see my review), and I'm pretty sure that's not related to the dealer but to the manufacturer.

Lower prices, but also much higher prices for some reps we know. That's important to mention. Again, it's not due to iOffer, but to the dealer you have to carefully choose (same rule as everywhere). Honestly, this also means I have not tested the efficiency of these dealers in case of problem... as there was no problem. :)

Stay careful and realistic , you might do real good bargains. Don't be naive too, there are many scammers and many incompetent sellers who don't know really what they're selling, I mean they have very few knowledges about watches and reps.

Globally the experience was good for me.

Go for it if you can handle pulling in a bad fish now and then.
Agreed.

Guest watchbuff

The cheaper prices comes from eliminating a few ofthe middle men aka the dealers.

I bought by BR 01-92 Special edition there when the BR was a "hot item for $200.00 runs flawless and the $$$ I saved payed for another rep.

Thats how you have to look at it.

I have had good experiences with the few "entities" I dealt with there (mostly from HK). Just shop smart.

Check this thread:

Ioffer

Thanks for the input fellas. No need to quote anything, you were all very helpful. Common sense mixed with some experience goes a long way. My biggest concern was whether it's a big scam like bidz.com.... I'm still trying to find someone who sells parts only, there are some dials on there but no bands at all.

Pix...maybe PM me and tell me who your fav. couple of dealers are on there?

thanks