When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hows this 5513 dial look?

llsteve80

Not bad for $60 though.

This guy wants a little more, sorry I was talking about a bunch of dials I got for 60 a piece a while back that included a james bond dial, 11623? daytona dial, 1 MOP diamond dial for pres, old explorer dial, red diamond pres dial. 300 for all of them shipped, I miss that guy....

Current guy wants 100, I'm waiting to see if it is a gen refurb or just a total copy. Value on a refinish should be +/- $180, not sure on copy though.

I see so many variations of the same dial that I'm beginnig to wonder if any of them are even real.

This guy wants a little more, sorry I was talking about a bunch of dials I got for 60 a piece a while back that included a james bond dial, 11623? daytona dial, 1 MOP diamond dial for pres, old explorer dial, red diamond pres dial. 300 for all of them shipped, I miss that guy....

Current guy wants 100, I'm waiting to see if it is a gen refurb or just a total copy. Value on a refinish should be +/- $180, not sure on copy though.

I see so many variations of the same dial that I'm beginnig to wonder if any of them are even real.

Total copy.

Total copy.

how can you tell from the front? actually i guess it doesn't matter if it looks like crap, i'm not going to buy it. I wonder if they take gen dials off more common watches and refinish them to rare dials. who is to say whether something was originally a bond submariner dial when i could have started it's life of as a more common one of the same size? Might as well get a HQ total fake

I'm not gonna buy it.

how can you tell from the front? actually i guess it doesn't matter if it looks like crap, i'm not going to buy it. I wonder if they take gen dials off more common watches and refinish them to rare dials. who is to say whether something was originally a bond submariner dial when i could have started it's life of as a more common one of the same size? Might as well get a HQ total fake

I'm not gonna buy it.

I think you made the wise choice. I am far from an expert but the dial really does not look very good. There is no detail or depth to the markers. 5513 dials are beautiful.. the markers are offwhite and on the year gilded. they our outlined very subltly and gold. they have a lot of depth. To me, the markers on the dial you are considering is too flat... one dimensional and lacking in detail. I would not pay $100 for it.

I'm not gonna buy it.

Just an educated guess based on the poor dial printing. It looks like a total copy in good condition, not a restored gen.

yep,

totally not real, you did good to stay away, though it is nicer than the regular 5513 rep dials thats for sure, but only because they are so woeful. for $50 it wouldnt be a bad job to replace the normal rep dials, it would help a little but it wouldnt pass much as gen i cant imagine

well spotted guys :)

fonts are all wrong across the board, spacing is all wrong particularly with the depth rating and submariner, markers are funny sizes and swiss T25 isnt nice either. coronet is poor too, its like a gilt shape.

Edited by thewightstuff