When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vacheron Constantin Overseas

vlydog

With Pix's advice I might make the VCO my next rep. Speaking to the members who own this watch and to the experienced members who are more familiar with this gen, I need your help.

What modifications have you done or what mods are considered necessary for this model? Re-lume, double AR?

This seems to be my usual method of operation; making a list of possible mods before I even have the watch.

Thank you, Vlydog

FWIW - it is a beautiful watch. I have an old version, bad date window, incorrect clasp - and love it. I will be stepping up to a newer version soon. Just trying to figure out if the new Silix version is the one to get, or if I should get one elsewhere - curious about "best watch". The AR can be fixed ;-)

-B

this means, no modd need to be donebut i also heard people saying that silix version is not as detailed as the previous versionthis means, no modd need to be donebut i also heard people saying that silix version is not as detailed as the previous version

Where did you find the clasp?

For what it is worth. Ihave the first gen 40MM non-screw down crown ETA version.

I have done a number of mods including:

Re-lume dial

Double AR on crystal

New (correct) clasp.

pending maltese cross upgrade to more accurate size

vcoverseas2004wristwithks8.jpg

INMHO mods to do:

Get not ultimate VCO version, but of course an ultimate dial... to get the maltesse cross.

Re-lume dial

Double AR on crystal

Re-lume dial

Maltese cross upgrade with a ultimate cross dial.

Cut window date to resize with a trapezioidal form (but not overdone as is at ultimate dial)

Polish bracelet, overall mirror polish parts.

Edited by Danae.

I love my VC Overseas and have had it serviced by The Zigmeister, superlumed, and Double ARed...BUT, i have the old incorrect clasp. Where did you get the correct clasp or replacement bracelet. I asked Angus and he said that there have been several versions so he wasn't sure if a replacement bracelet would fit. I emailed my favorite dealer Eddie Lee, but he's MIA.

Any input on an EL VC Overseas?? :victory:

As above, I'd say re-lume the dial, have the crystal AR coated (especially if going for black dial option) and re-sand to a mirror finish the polished sections of the links. The cross isn't an issue depending on which version of the watch purchased :) Of course, the one thing I would point out, is, outside of watch circles, this watch is a virtual unknown. It's a marque that the majority of people won't've even heard of, so, if the intention is to make the rep less distinguishable than the gen, given tha majority of it's viewers would not know the flaws at all, the mod money would be a bit wasted. Out of the box, it is an incredibly nice watch.

Are leather straps available for this watch? Just curious...

Leather? This has come up in a previous VCO thread. The strap is part of what makes the watch so distinctive. The combination of highly detailed guilloche dial with the Maltese cross theme extending from the dial to the bezel and down the strap, culminating in the deployment clasp, sets the watch apart from the other 'sporty but smart' watches.

I am fortunate enough to have picked up a 'best' white dial 42mm VCO (no AR, but it doesn't need it) and it is beautiful (thanks Jkarpas).

Unfortunately, no one in my social circle will recognise it (they will be surprised I am not wearing a seiko kinetic like everyone else) but I will never get called out wearing it.

Out of interest I checked out the price of a 2nd hand Gen VCO in the UK,

Edited by RichBlack

With Pix's advice I might make the VCO my next rep. Speaking to the members who own this watch and to the experienced members who are more familiar with this gen, I need your help.

What modifications have you done or what mods are considered necessary for this model? Re-lume, double AR?

This seems to be my usual method of operation; making a list of possible mods before I even have the watch.

Thank you, Vlydog

post-53-1194795073_thumb.jpg

INMHO mods to do:

Get not ultimate VCO version, but of course an ultimate dial... to get the maltesse cross.

Re-lume dial

Double AR on crystal

Re-lume dial

Maltese cross upgrade with a ultimate cross dial.

Cut window date to resize with a trapezioidal form (but not overdone as is at ultimate dial)

Polish bracelet, overall mirror polish parts.

Where can I get such mods/upgrades done, do you have a link?

-AP Pete

• 3 weeks later...
I love my VC Overseas and have had it serviced by The Zigmeister, superlumed, and Double ARed...BUT, i have the old incorrect clasp. Where did you get the correct clasp or replacement bracelet. I asked Angus and he said that there have been several versions so he wasn't sure if a replacement bracelet would fit. I emailed my favorite dealer Eddie Lee, but he's MIA.

Any input on an EL VC Overseas?? :victory:

I was fortunate enough to get this one from Dave (promotersf). The double AR and Superlume on it are short of amazing. This is by far my fave watch...the bracelet is sooooo beautiful. I had it on today and it commandeered two compliments within first two hours of the day...something I havent had at work in a while.

The only thing I would change on this is the clasp.

Thanks for the trade Dave...you da man!