When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

21J version of 42.5 PO

riffram

Search button tells me nothing, but I have to believe some of us have bought this--I'm looking at Andrew's $118 version--to save a few bucks on a watch I'll only wear very occasionally.

I'm fine with the 21J movement--but how good or bad is the overall look/quality of the watch itself compared with the 4th gen version? Obviously, it's not as good, but what are the main differences?

I'll appeciate your input. If I get some encouragment, I'll get this. Otherwise, I guess I'll take the safe route and but the 4th gen--but, for only occasional use, might this 21J be just right?

Edited by riffram

• 2 months later...

Bumping an old topic I know, but since there were no replies...

I have the same question, but on the 45mm PO. Am considering a gen at some stage, so to make the decision a bit easier I am looking at maybe getting the rep, but the cheaper one, to decide if it is me or not. Anyone got input as to what the cheaper asian one is like?

Actually, I see that Andrew still has the 21J version of both the 42 and 45 watches. I haven't bought one yet, because my research showed a bit more difference between the 21J and ETA models than I had hoped for, and I just decided to wait.

I do think the 21j option is a bargain on this watch, even if it's not absolutely first rate.

Actually, I see that Andrew still has the 21J version of both the 42 and 45 watches. I haven't bought one yet, because my research showed a bit more difference between the 21J and ETA models than I had hoped for, and I just decided to wait.

I do think the 21j option is a bargain on this watch, even if it's not absolutely first rate.

Although he still has it listed, it doesn't necessarily mean he still has it available though - he may just not have removed it from the site...

I had purchased a 21J asian version of the 42.5 in black. The quality was really sub-par and I ended up returning this one for a trade. In the end, it turned out to be a waste of shipping fees. Trusty's explanation was that the asian version is always poor quality compared to ETA. While I have had successful purchases from trusty, the 21J I received did not match the pics on the website. The second-hand was poorly aligned and the number markings were messy. I may have gotten a bad batch, but it was my experience and I'm hesitant to repeat it. Hope your experience is better than mine.