When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Cornucopia Of Big Bangs

Victoria

Did you go by any chance?

If it's the one I'm thinking, my mum went very briefly, since she had a jeweler buddy with whom she was to do the "show".

But, as you may know..., my dad isn't well, and therefore she couldn't do it. I myself never go to Auto shows, Boat shows, and the like, held a few blocks away at the Miami Beach Convention Centre. :)

Did you like it this year, Jfreeman? How were the crowd? Any nice pieces?

@Tazzman: LOL! Thanks for the laugh. Not mine. ;)

Yes it is the one at the convention center. It wasn't my favorite show. They held it in a secondary hall so not a whole lot of space. Some very nice and rare pieces. I got to hold an old steve mcqueen explorer II that the guy wanted $18,000 for. Man those things shot up in price. Some really nice bling, I came close to dropping $10k on a diamond bracelet (it was a really good deal) but I decided to save my money for my g/f's christmas presents LOL. Plus most of the people were pretty snotty and not too interested in bargaining. They can keep their crap if they don't want to deal.

I did notice a lot of Roger Dubuis on display. These are gaining popularity. With the price of gold nowadays it is really hard to buy any jewelry. I wish the $300 ounce would come back.

I did buy a nice diamond pinky ring (like I need another) a some diamond earrings for the girl. Not a total waste of a day as we had brunch at News Cafe on Sobe and downed a couple bloody mary's.

Yes it is the one at the convention center. It wasn't my favorite show. They held it in a secondary hall so not a whole lot of space. Some very nice and rare pieces. I got to hold an old steve mcqueen explorer II that the guy wanted $18,000 for. Man those things shot up in price. Some really nice bling, I came close to dropping $10k on a diamond bracelet (it was a really good deal) but I decided to save my money for my g/f's christmas presents LOL. Plus most of the people were pretty snotty and not too interested in bargaining.

Uhm, hello? That's the way that particular show always is. Very snooty people -- like my mother and jeweler friend. ;)

They do bargain though. If they didn't, it's because you were going for THE BEST they had in each stall.

They can keep their crap if they don't want to deal.

Wow, 10k. I think I spend a tenth of that on my presents for my boyfriend! You're nice. :)

I did notice a lot of Roger Dubuis on display. These are gaining popularity. With the price of gold nowadays it is really hard to buy any jewelry. I wish the $300 ounce would come back.

ROGER DUBUIS is everywhere!! I am starting to take a dislike to that marque. As for the gold at $300, hah, don't hold your breath. The Dow was down by a lot today. People are shaking and baking.

Diamonds might be a girl's best friend, but gold is a man's security blanket.

I did buy a nice diamond pinky ring (like I need another) a some diamond earrings for the girl. Not a total waste of a day as we had brunch at News Cafe on Sobe and downed a couple bloody mary's.

Oh how nice. I used to rollerblade past News Cafe to check out what tourist groups were there. If they were Brits, I'd leave like a rocket. If they were French or Italian, I'd stay.

I didn't move half-way around the world to be caught dead with British chavs.

(That was just to annoy Puggy and DBR. Think it worked)

P.S.: I'm watching "The Longest Day" on WPBT (no watches sighting. They all look like grandpa watches).

Nice to know you can theoretically turn on your telly, and watch the same thing as I am, Jfreeman. ;)

This scared me... I didn't read the message and thought to myself "Oh my gosh... miss Victoria has quite a collection going on there...!!!"

My next thought was.... "I wonder which of our dealers carries a version with such realistic cubic zirconium!?!??!"

Then I read an explanatory post and my breathing/heart rate settled back down...