When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss SFSO Beat Speed

The Red Baron

Hi guys:

I bought the Swiss SFSO and wonder about beat speed/ticking, all that good stuff. The second hand certainly has the sweeping motion, but you do notice it ticking along, but you have to look close. Is there a way to tell by looking at the watch, and are there any resource guides online as to this--its bps (i.e., so I don't have to trug down to the local AG and look at a real one beat).

I suppose I expected it to be smooth seamless sweeping, but I guess that isn't how it really operates (even the Swiss SFSO)

Thanks for any insight.

Hi guys:

I bought the Swiss SFSO and wonder about beat speed/ticking, all that good stuff. The second hand certainly has the sweeping motion, but you do notice it ticking along, but you have to look close. Is there a way to tell by looking at the watch, and are there any resource guides online as to this--its bps (i.e., so I don't have to trug down to the local AG and look at a real one beat).

I suppose I expected it to be smooth seamless sweeping, but I guess that isn't how it really operates (even the Swiss SFSO)

Hi,

Welcome aboard...stick around, take pics, share your experience, and RWG will be a great source of info for you now, and in the future.

The Swiss SFSO should beat at 28.8. The Asian SFSO beats at 21.6.

The sweep of the second hand should be smooth, but there is a noticeable ticking that is characteristic of the mechanical movement. To see the differences, search around for some video comparisons of the sweeping second hands. I can't seem to find the links right now...sorry.

Most people can't tell the difference between the slow and high beat movements except when having the 2 side-by-side for a comparison.