When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'd like to find sources for these movements.

BobM

I would like to find where to be able to buy these movements. :g: I first looked at several palces, but have not found any of these. But, ...

Opps! Obviously I didn't look too hard. I have re-looked and found the ETA movements available from many of the watch parts sites. I have updated this as first posted to reflect this new information. Seems I still have a problem finding the "Asian" movements. I will keep looking and update this post as I find information.

Notes on "Asian" watch movement sources: I have found the following parts houses each have Chinese movements ... Cousins, Jules Borel, Cas-Ker, and Ofrei. I have not yet sorted out how to map the chinese part number to the ETA part number, but I thjink all of these ETA parts have chinese equivalents within the offerings from these parts houses, except for the 7750s. The Zigmeister says, "Ain't no such." While that seems presently true, that is just not acceptable over the long run; we have to have sources for that movement series. I am obnliged to keep scrounging.

A7750/28,800vph as used in the Bentley GT

A7753/28,800vph as used in the Omega Broad Arrow

ETA 2836-2 as used in the Rolex Air King

Available at: BECO Technology, Cas-Ker, CousinsUK, Livesay's, Ofrei

ETA 2824-2 as used in the Omega Deville

Available at: BECO Technology, Cas-Ker, CousinsUK, Livesay's, Ofrei

Asian Unitas 6497 as used in the Omega XXL Railmaster

Oh, yes ... I have also asked one of the larger dealers if I could buy them from him. He replied they do not sell movements.

Thanks

Is the genuine ETA version that much more expensive?

I have not found a purchase option for either the Omega XXL Railmaster nor the IWC F A Jones that offers an ETA as a movement option. Electing an ETA version of that movement does not appear to be a viable option.

Actually, if I understand what I have read today, the proper model of the movement in both of these watches is an Asian Unitas 6498, not 6497 as is sometimes specified in the dealer's site. The difference is that the 6497, if used in a pocketwatch, has the stem at 12 and the running seconds at 6. But if used in a wristwatch has the stem at 3, then the running seconds will be at 9. The 6498, in a pocketwatch, has the stem at 12, the running seconds at 3. when in a wristwatch, with the stem at 3, the running seconds will be at 6. Stem at 3, with running seconds at 6 is the configuration of both of these watches. These movements, as gen ETA/Unitas or as Asian, are manual wind.