When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Aquaracer owners : your comments on this version ?

Pix

It definitely have its flaws compared to gen....subdial spacing...rect. pushers versus round pushers...automatic vs quartz...

But for $100, it just looks like a cool watch...on top of that I don't have any quartz chronographs or quartz watches in general...

I'm looking forward to this watch and to your review Pix!

ta2md5.jpgta1ki7.jpg

ta3vq6.jpgta4yn4.jpg

Could this be an Off Topic. Have just received my Tag Heuer Aquaracer Day-Date same as Bytor. As 2 days of tweaking on the watch few questions have arisen:

(1)Chronograph Movement - The subdial on 12'o Clock seemed to have up to 30 minutes only?

(2) Chronograph Restart - The stopwatch second seemed not to rotate (clockwise) again to 12. I mean compared to my other chrono reps when you start and restart stopwatch it rotates on the whole dial back to 12' o clock position. On Tag AR, it just fall counterclockwise back to 12?

(3) Day Window. THe day window seemed to changed only after reaching 1:15AM different from the Date window which is accurate? Is this fine?

(4) Is there a Power reserve on the watch, ie on cheap Automatic reps when you did not wear the watch for only 12 hours it will stop working and giving you trouble adjusting it again to the current time. But on the TAG AR could this also be an issue?

(5) And last thing the chrono (stopwatch) buttons seemed to be so tough, you to press it deeply to work. Is this also issue to other user.

Thanks to anyone who can help me on my inquiry.

Sorry, no, and I do apologize for that. Really no time in december...

I'm on holiday soon, and I wish to review the thing at my humble level to help.

I have already 3 watches to review... Sheesh !

What's for sure, the layout of the chrono can't comply with the gen one : here we have a quartz movement, apparently some standard Miyota OS10, which means that the subdials are placed in an other manner. But that does not make this TAG worse : it has an excellent look and feel, especially for this price level. I find it to be an excellent alternative to feel the "Aquaracer power" for those who can't or don't want to spend 300 dollars for the high-end rep.

Dave, how do you feel with yours ? ;)

And where did you order it ? On ioffer too ?

I'm particularly impressed with the quality of the rubber strap and of the caseback.

I don't regret my purchase a single minute, as I bought an IWC Skelleton for the price difference... Too glad with that.