When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buy the rep leads to buying the gen?

Guest watchbuff

Guest watchbuff

I notice that the watches I fall for I usually would research and oggle in AD's and then pull the trigger on after some deciding. I did this with my Breitling's and my B&R. I recently bought another Breitling after owning the rep. I think I may buy a gen PAM now that i have had Davidsen's 111H.

I guess it is fair to say that since i have discovered this underground hobby, I buy the "reps" or super reps of the watches I desire to see if I want the real thing and if I do and get it anyway. I now have two navitimers in the exact same series, one rep one gen, same for the B&R. I know wan to get the gen version of my PAM and looking toward my next rep A Rollie GMTII.

Anyone else have this compulsion or should I turn in my pilot's license and commit myself?

Anyone else have this compulsion or should I turn in my pilot's license and commit myself?

Baby, check this out. Not sure if you were around when I posted my poll:

RESULTS SO FAR

Which came First? The Chicken or the Egg?

Bought Gens 1st, which led to Reps [ 57 ] ** [30.32%]

Bought Reps 1st, which led/will lead to Gens [ 47 ] ** [25.00%]

If I had the money, I would only buy Gens [ 28 ] ** [14.89%]

I would buy Reps even if I had the money [ 56 ] ** [29.79%]

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=51921

Then there's this thread Who Prefers Reps to Gens by Dieselpower:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=54955

And Anton's post (where is he??) which led me to post my polls:

Does a rep lead you to purchase gen?

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=51902&hl=

@watchbuff

First of all, come pick me up. I've never been in a helicopter. ^_^ Seriously though, I am pretty much the opposite. My father has a fine collection of watches and some have been given to me already with the understanding they will all be mines one day. My sisters have no use for them and my brother is more interested in the cars. So far I have a couple of gen rollies and the tungsten carbide Movado. Because of the sentimental value I rarely wear them except for special occasions. I keep them locked up and when I travel like this coming weekend to Miami, I will only stay in hotels that either have a safe in the room or can give me access to a safe. So with that being said I have a rep sub and DD which I wear on a regular basis. I would be distraught if something happened to the gens, I watched my father work my entire childhood away to "make" it.

That's what I'm a victim of too.

Like you, watchbuff, I bought 2 rep B&R's before buying a Gen. And then the PAM 187. Now I've got a good deal on one and just waiting on delivery. And finally, a PAM 162 has caught my eye and it's been itching to reach into my pocket...