When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPDATE: PICS! DSN Ultimate 112. First rep, first review.

inmotion

Hi all,

Well some of you know that I joined repgeek about a month and a half ago looking for a good Bell&Ross BR-03 replica but was disappointed by the fact that the lumes were so off. And so, while still looking for a B&R I started wondering the forums and found a whole new world of watches and makes. And yes. I was stung by the Panerai's.

After much debate, I went for the DSN Ultimate 112 as I love the simplicity of it (some may find it boring but I say, less is more = timeless :) ). I also choose DSN because of his QC.

At this point of my review, I would like to say a few words about Davidsen. He is amazing. Simply amazing. Great communication, fast shipping and stunning watch (i'll get to that in a bit). I think that most important part of dealing with Davidsen (or any other dealer) is good communication. I asked Davidsen question after question and he not only answered all of them but also provided pictures of the watch I would get. In other words, no surprise when I opened the box to find....

A stunning and beautiful Panerai 112.

Seriously, I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into buying a 400$ rep (came with croco strap with clasp and rubber strap with clasp) but WOW. The dial is clear and to me it looks pretty damn close to the gen. Mine says 'L SWISS L" underneath the 6 and it may be just a weee bit off centered but I still think it looks great and doesn't scream REEEEPPP to me.

The AR coating is also fantastic. Especially in the dark. Yes, the superluminova shines like the sun itself. And like I said, in the dark, the dials and the hands glows so bright and the crystal seems to vanish (actually, my girlfriend just told me that I wouldn't be allowed to wear this when we go to bed now... :lol: )

The movement at the back is DSN well known Swiss unitas H series one and not only is it accurate (as of know :) ) it is also beautiful to look at.

The CG is also very very nice, brushed of course. The lever is tight and I had no problems winding the watch (about 50 turns) and its been ticking perfectly since I got the watch a little less than an hour ago.

The casing of the watch is polished steel according to DSN (I believe its Stainless steal? Can anyone correct me on that?) and all I can say is that high polished case makes for a stunning looking watch !

The watch also has a nice weight to it and is very comfortable on my wrist (aka: never coming off).

Oh a quick note on the straps: I can't say anything about durability but both the rubber and croco strap DSN sent seemed great to me. The one thing that really wowed me as his butterfly clasp. Stainless Its very nice, very classy and most of all, makes putting on a watch as easy as 123. The also have the Panerai markings, Stainless steal, Made in Swiss , etc.

(I had a previous watch from Nixon with the butterfly clasp and fell in love back then so I was super happy that DSN also offered them.)

Well I guess thats it for now, let me know if theres anything I missed and would like me to address and I will do my best to do so!

NB: Yes, I know, there are no pictures as of right now. I'm at my girlfriend's till wednesday due to exams but as soon as I get home I will modem burn this sucka.

So please be patient as the pictures are coming! In the meantime, I hope you guys/gals enjoyed my short/crappy first review of my first rep.

Welllll here are the pictures! First time actually trying to take pictures of watches so forgive me in that regards, especially for that lume shot as the lume actually looks fantastic in the dark.

Oh and also, so far the watch has kept perfect time so im keeping my fingers crossed for that to continue :)

Edited by inmotion

So please be patient as the pictures are coming! In the meantime, I hope you guys/gals enjoyed my short/crappy first review of my first rep.

Not at all, Inmotion. Your review was very helpful and bursting with the kind of enthusiasm all of us had, when we saw our first rep.

It's also good to hear that Davidsen is improving his recent QC. I PM'ed him last night about my own Ultimate 112 (overwound it, be careful, Inmotion! 40 winds is enough in the beginning), and he said that he is trying his best to improve his quality control issues brought up in the forum just two weeks ago.

As for photos, I personally cannot wait! But exams first. Ace them, then come back and post please. :)

In the meantime, a few shots of my own BELOVED PAM 112. I cannot express to others how full of quality this watch is. Next to DSN's Fiddy, it's the most perfect, gen-looking rep I have.

pam112senapepx0.jpg

bringingpam112senapeue0.jpg

fiddypackageps1.jpg

casebackregulateurfixedtp0.jpg

Guest watchbuff

Good luck with your 112 My 111H runs flawless and looks better than any rep I owned.

V- Nice mani again. Prada glasses a gen>? Id loe to see what the rest looks like. ( Pilot's just lovvvvvvvve to know)

Inmotion: don't worry about overwinding bro, just wind the crown till you feel it won't go anymore (about 50 or so sounds right) that assures you full power reserve. I always wind mine to full capacity and have never had a problem with any of my 6497's, it's a pretty hearty movement. Enjoy the new addition!

thanks for the awesome replies

i hope this tread can be helpful to newbies to the rep world

i know this forum has helped me a lot in making my purchase decision so let me thank all the members of rwg for that!

and yes, i'll post pics asap (probs wednesday!)

ps: thank vbarnett bout acing those midterms lol. u of t isn't exactly a walk in the park :(