When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone have a DSN 172?

xlr8tn

I have been trying to decide which PAM to purchase. So many to choose from makes it a difficult decision. Seems like most people go for the standard 111H. I'm am about to purchase a DSN 172H and wondered if anyone already purchased one of these from him. I'm really liking the titanium-look instead of everything shiny, even though it may not actually be tantalium. Anyone have any comments on how close they feel this one is to the gen? The one I am looking at has the e movt with dagger swan neck. The blue on there looks stunning in the pics.

Here is a link http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry320389

Hi nice choice, it's actually made of Titanium not Tantalium (I have the 192 - gen is also Tantalium, but the rep is Ti, blue hands, and the addition of a chronograph complication). I also like the contrast of the blue hands and the look and light weight of the Ti, enjoy it.

Check that should have looked at the link first :wub: The watch case is actually stainless with a Ti-Ion coating, real Tantalium is a much darker metal this one is really not that close at all IMHO. If you want Ti go for the much more accurate 176 base dial no running seconds or 177 with running seconds. One other real nice offering from Davidsen is the 082 Amerigo Vespucci, a limited edition Pam, Ti with an absolutely awesome blue dial (that might make up for not getting the blue hands :lol: ) Anyway enjoy whatever you get when you make your final descision, this will probably be the first of many (as alot of the members here will tell you the Pannie bug bites hard).

I'm not sure I like the DSN 172 (I don't actually own one.) The numbers on his dial look way to fat to me. His 111 looks like that as well. I bought a 172 from Josh:

http://www.pc-80108.com/pn17201-tantalium-...497-p-2035.html

It comes with a fat crown and fixed canon pin. You would have to get it lumed down the road, however. It's one of the next few to be sent off to Vaccum once I get my 111 and 112 back.

DSN's 082 is really nice as well as his PVD offerings. I've compared his 036 photo to a gen and it looks too purple to me. I bought a 036 from Josh that has a terrific chocolate dial and also comes with a fixed canon pin and thick crown. The only downside is that the dial says L SWISS L. 90% of the time, however, the DSN PAM is the way to go. I own 4 and I'm going to have him build me two more, a 201A and a 207A. Great watches.

Edited by bazonkers