When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kinda scary...

predfan2001

A local jewelery store owner was the victim of a home invasion. A thug (who was from another state) who had a long past of criminal activity cased his business and home. He ended up holding the owners wife at gunpoint in their home for a Rolex valued at $10000.00. The thug told the husband he was going to shot his wife and the husband responded that he was going to get his gun and shoot him first. The husband went to his car and came back in to find his wife shot. The bullet went through her shoulder and into her chest. She is now in critical condition.

The local police caught the guy but I it kind of makes you think. Wearing a rep in the wrong places could cause us to be a victim. It would be hell to be shot over a crappy asian rep! :huh:

ouch.. reminds me of a member over on RWI that got beat up for his rep.

as an owner of a jewlery store, i'd have opt for a concealed weapons permit.......... i hope the wife fully recovers. oh, and i would have given the thief any watch rather than putting my wife in that situation.

ouch.. reminds me of a member over on RWI that got beat up for his rep.

Precisely. BTW, a few people contributed to his recoup fund. I know he posted a few donor names, but did we ever find out what happened to him, or if he bought the replacement rep watch?

Hope he is okay.

When someone asks me the time on the street, and they look dodgy, I pretend I don't understand...

as an owner of a jewlery store, i'd have opt for a concealed weapons permit.......... i hope the wife fully recovers. oh, and i would have given the thief any watch rather than putting my wife in that situation.

How can one give a big enough DUH for this? I can't believe what that man did.

Hope his wife recovers...

Well maybe I left a few facts out that made it sound different that the way it really happened...I was in a hurry at lunch when I was posting this but there were threats being made by the thug that more or less gave the man no choice.

My main point was that I was reminded that there are times (and places) that I may slip my rep off in my pocket to avoid attention and being a target. Just something to think about.