When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is a modern Daytona really 40mm?

mjmurphy926

I've had my Trusty 2001 Daytona http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...products_id=313

for a few days now. It seemed pretty small to me so I decided to measure it. It measures about 38mm across the UNITS PER HOUR bezel. Is that correct, or should it measure 40mm.

It's a really nice rep, but I'm wondering if it's actually full size? I believe this is supposed to be the same supplier and watch that By-Tor borrowed from Stephane recently for his wonderful review. He mentions it seems small compared to his Tag, but doesn't actually say he measured it.

I tried a search to see if I could find anything about gen actual size, but came up blank.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Mike

yeah its visually smaller than a submariner.. and feels a lot smaller on the wrist too. When i saw my first daytona i was shocked at how small it was.. AND the older daytonas (6265 etc) are even smaller. Its too bad.. Rolex should make the next Daytona in a 42 or 44mm case.