When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Slob Prototype - 1st Step Manufacturing

rolli

here is the first step manufacturing of the pam slob prototype.

basic: titanium case, stainless steel buckle,

blasting: with mixed granulate material

coating: pvd in aged bronze

next step: plexi in 1950 shape, pam111 dial and hands with super lume, unitas movement,

titanium caseback with pam + slob engraving,

1.) strap: gen oem antique brown alligator,

2.) strap: manifatture firenze 1942 tan,

enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tu:

rolli

post-2837-1194794136_thumb.jpg post-2837-1194794150_thumb.jpg post-2837-1194794163_thumb.jpg

post-2837-1194794177_thumb.jpg post-2837-1194794189_thumb.jpg post-2837-1194794204_thumb.jpg

Please excuse me while I admire your testicles! Because dammit Rolli, this is excellent! The SLOB is one of THE most interesting pams, both with regards to looks, history and novelty.

Unless it somehow crashes with unwritten "RWG codes of breathing down other members necks", I really want in on this project, and now rather than later. If you

Edited by mastergod

yes it's a great project. i say always the right step to the right time.

this local company which makes my coatings is one of the best company here for decorative coatings.

this deep dark aged bronze shade is only possible in connection with mixed granulate material blasting.

this company has no other customer for this aged bronze shade, so they had to start a single batch,

only for me for this watch parts with one pvd machine with a special material target base plate.

when i get the invoice i can say the price for this coating.

titanium case disassembled in single parts, case, bezel, crown-guard without lever and pin and crown-guard screws.

this parts get the aged bronze coating.

in titanium look stays crown, lever and pin, lug-horn spindle screws, caseback.

you need a blank titanium caseback from davidsen, which get the right engraving.

today i have talked with a local company which makes the plexi glasses, in the next days i will get the right plexi.

let me finish it at first and then i can say which this fun costs.

the dial, you should take the 111/177 sandwich dial and hands, it's better for a relume work.

in which quality the unitas movement, thats your taste.

at the first that's all.

cheers

rolli

the project look amazing rolli! i have a similar vision but mines will not be as polished as yours unfortunately for me-( for now-). i apologize for the ridiculously crappy pics, ill get better i promise:

1st pic:

letter1091ln5.th.jpg

2nd pic: outfitted with a V strap(still lovin' it after a year, thanks V!)

letter1092zj2.th.jpg

ill ask you ? later rolli when i have extra cash floating around to complete this project, cheers!

reg