When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Royal Oak Knowledge Needed!

sydneysider

hi guys,

just got a new AP royal oak foundation model with blue face, nice thin case, but the screws are gold. this needs changing. how would u reccomend one polishes them down?

then,

is the bezel supposed to be polished? have read this a few times but upon seeing pics of the original i wasnt so sure. if certainly so, how would one do this?

any help appreciated,

Robbie

no buddy,

there is one on ebay.com from sweden, currently at 170 dollars, but i couldnt wait so i got the foundation model. its really nice, im starting to love the blue face, and to be honest i kind of prefer the gold screws, find it gives a healthy contrast to all the steel. still am confused in regard to bezel, whether mine is correct or not.

all the best,

Robbie

Unfortunately, the one on eBay isn't the legendary Faldo rep. Rather, it's a rep of the standard 14790ST.0.0789ST.07; similar style dial as the steel/platinum 15190SP.0.0789ST.01 (but missing the clous de Paris motif in the center), and also has the solid back (which is okay, as it would hide the ETA). Also, note the seconds hand....

:)

My old and very much missed AP Royal Oak Faldo rep. I regret the day I parted with it now...

61205-34625.jpg

61205-34626.jpg

(thought I had a pic of the caseback with display, but I cannot find it to post...)

Robbie, to get back to your question regarding which part of the bezel should be brushed - I believe it is the face or top of the bezel.

May I ask, from which dealer did you get your Royal Oak?

Looks like there is some shill bidding going on in that auction. The seller ignored my questions, so that was enough to put me off...

Robbie, to get back to your question regarding which part of the bezel should be brushed - I believe it is the face or top of the bezel.

Two different areas of the bezel need to be brushed: the face and the sections which meet the case. The bevelled sections of the bezel (i.e. the middle sections) should be polished.

hey guys, thanks for the input, got mine from a friend who lives in BKK and sends them to me, this way i know whats coming is good.

seems no one can get a faldo anymore. :thumbdown:

oh well, from what i can gather, the bezel is brushed, therefore the rep is correct except for the gold screws, which i will leave as they look better!

i remember a friend of mine asking me why i was wearing such a cheap looking crap watch( he is used to me and my rollies), then suddenly the rappers started wearing AP and he goes : wow, is that a royal oak?!lemme see!! its crazy how the image defines peoples outtake on watches. i have always loved the design, regardless of what theyre worth.

all the best,

Robbie