When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help: What Does This Say?

SubFrog

Hey anyone,

I have a client that wants to use this for a project, but doesn't know what it says. I said, I bet I know where to find out.

Please help me read this. (seriously though, this must be legit before it can be used)

Thanks guys!

60795-34672.jpg

Hey anyone,

I have a client that wants to use this for a project, but doesn't know what it says. I said, I bet I know where to find out.

Please help me read this. (seriously though, this must be legit before it can be used)

Thanks guys!

60968-34649.jpg

'Tis the name of a highly respected historical figure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Hongzhang

Krusty...Thank you very much.

I'm not sure they can use it now, knowing it is a name rather than a statement or emotion.

I appreciate the link as well.

You can thank my wife for that. I don't understand anything but a few dirty words in Cantonese.

If your clients are planning to use something like that, they should contact a good Chinese calligrapher. Otherwise, what you reproduce for them will either have a meaning that will leave anyone able to read it scratching their heads, or will look like a 2-year old printed it. That's what my attempts at Chinese characters look like to my wife. Good calligraphers are usually old men who have studied many years.

Ha Ha...I think Li Hongzhang is actually JETMID!

Otherwise, what you reproduce for them will either have a meaning that will leave anyone able to read it scratching their heads, or will look like a 2-year old printed it.

RIGHT...they liked this graphic because it was easy to see and read (if you can read chinese), rather than something I've created. I tried going to Babblefish translation and plugging in PEACE, HARMONY, LOVE, etc. and the chinese characters from a keyboard are hard and jagged. Rather than the beauty of a hand painted "swoop" of a calligrapher.

I'll just keep searching for another graphic like this that says something (3 character length) like above.