When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

giving in to a Yacht Master

wadan

Hi mates ,

After 4 years of a no Rolex rep policy I am finally giving in to a Yacht Master, :wub:

Did my home work on the watch and the word is that El has the best one ,,,, well it seems not any more , the current one El has is like nothing that been mentioned in the reviews :o

So I am between these 2 :

1) Angus current one which is said to be the closest to TW Best

2) MBW

I really appreciate your help and input

Thanks to every body in advance :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one from Joshua a few months ago and had one of the $140 models delivered from Silix last week. The one from Silix has a lot of inaccuracies such as:

• Minute hand too thin
  • Disc on second hand too small and wrong position
  • Crown too square
  • No verticle minute markers by the side of the Swiss Made
  • Font and logo sizing and style
  • Date digits looked too large - Either over magnified or wrong sized font for the magnification.

The movement is the usual golden ETA and seems to keep good time (-1 second a day which is well within COSC standards)

However, overall its disappointing as it seems to be of an older generation and the one from Joshua set a very high level of detail. The one I bought from Joshua seems absolutely accurate apart from the font thickness of the red Yacht Master which was very, very maginally incorrect. Check before you buy and make sure you understand what you're going to receive. Silix's service was good, slight delays on replying to email but that's normal.

Edited by NoDigital