When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 19mm Rivit Bracelet

bertieng

Any idea? I don't see any screws on the links for removal to adjust the length.

I have a small wrist, length adjustment on the clasp only is not sufficient. Some links must be removed to fit.

BTW, did the original 6263 ever fitted with a rivit bracelet?

Thanks guys.

The 6263 was never fitted with the 7205, as it was far beyond production of when the rivet bracelets were used. The more likely candidates for the rivets were the 6238, 6239 and 6241, as those were produced during the era when such bracelets were issued. The rivet bracelets were fitted to watches until the early - mid 60's; they were superceded by the folded link Oysters until the very early 70's and were then replaced by the heavy link Oysters that are still in use to current day production.

As for sizing- Look very closely at the rivet heads on the very last links closest to the clasp. You should see the screwdriver slot for the pins that will allow you to size the bracelet.

The 6263 was never fitted with the 7205, as it was far beyond production of when the rivet bracelets were used. The more likely candidates for the rivets were the 6238, 6239 and 6241, as those were produced during the era when such bracelets were issued. The rivet bracelets were fitted to watches until the early - mid 60's; they were superceded by the folded link Oysters until the very early 70's and were then replaced by the heavy link Oysters that are still in use to current day production.

As for sizing- Look very closely at the rivet heads on the very last links closest to the clasp. You should see the screwdriver slot for the pins that will allow you to size the bracelet.

Thanks Ubi,

So do I understand correctly that only the very last links closest to the clasp(on both sides?) are removable? Other links are fixed then?

BTW, the folded link bracelet has the same problem for me, no screws on the links at all I think, makes length adjustment impossible except from the clasp. Am I correct?

:D

Thanks Ubi,

So do I understand correctly that only the very last links closest to the clasp(on both sides?) are removable? Other links are fixed then?

BTW, the folded link bracelet has the same problem for me, no screws on the links at all I think, makes length adjustment impossible except from the clasp. Am I correct?

The last links of the bracelet should have slotted rivet heads on them for removal with a small 1.5mm screwdriver:

60918-34651.jpg

Though, I am assuming we are discussing a replica bracelet, yes?

If we're talking a GENUINE 7205 bracelet, then there are no screw slots in the rivet heads; the links, if I recall correctly, have to be expanded to remove/add.

Best bet would be to take it to a watchmaker to have the bracelet sized.

Thanks again Ubi,

Yes, I am talking about a gen. rivet bracelet here.

How about the 7835 folded links? Also has to be expanded to remove the links?

Yes, that is correct. The 7835 folded link (which, to my knowledge has not been reproduced or replicated) also needs to be expanded to add or remove links. Because of the way the links are folded they have to be unrolled- A rather difficult task in it's own right, so it's better to let a competent watchmaker handle the job.

What are you putting this bracelet on? A DW? If so, the s/n is probably around 2952---, which dates it to around 1970/1971. In this case, a folded link would be correct, but it wouldn't be unheard of to see a 78350 on the watch as a replacement bracelet...

However, if you are after a bracelet that can be easily adjusted, a 78350 heavy link is probably your best bet.

Ubi, am I incorrect in saying that the riveted bracelet were standard issue on all PN models, including the 6263/6265?

For the 6263/5 exotics, I believe those came with the folded or heavy links, as their issuing was more related to time of production vs. model or dial type. As the 6263/5's were issued starting in the 70's, I don't think that there were any rivetted 7205's fitted to these watches from the factory as it was just past it's time. 6240's and 6262's (production from 1960 - 1970), however are a different story. These pieces were produced during a transitional period, not only for bracelets, but also for dials and pusher/crown types as well (now signed Oyster).