When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Bracelet Pin Tool..... Love It!

lanikai

I've got it sorted now. (although not perfect). (and i managed to break both my pin extraction tools, including the new plier's 0.8mm pusher :-()

The link in question was ultra tight on one side that was the main problem (probably not drilled correctly as stated earlier), i found a drill small enough but could only find my plug in the wall drill which was too big and couldn't accept a drill that small, so that was out the window.

I swapped the link in question out with one of the other ones i'd already taken out, i checked the pin went through both sides freely and put a bit of WD40 on the pin itself before sliding it through. I tried to put it in and it got stuck again, i took it out looked at it and the inside little barrel part of the link was the cause this time, i had a spare one so i tried it in that, still really tight so i though sod it i'll put it in without it! (Probably got some long term implications?!?) Anyway i had 2 nicely bent pins i'd straightened best i could, but were still a bit wavey.

I used these without the inside barrel part making sure that they wouldnt just fall out (which they didn't thanks to them not being straight anymore lol.

At least i can wear it now without a pin sticking in my wrist :-)

The new UPO (correct subdials) i'm getting is going to have the black face and the black rubber strap (no more SS links arrghhh!)

Hopefully this might help some n00b like me in the future when they get a UPO SS and try to resize it themselves.