When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty's G Series Engraved Movement...

ahchard

Has anyone seen this yet? i have not been to the forum a lot for the past few weeks as I have been busy with work... and leisure... :p

Then went to trusty's site today and saw the movements... looks pretty good... any comments?

MMMMMmmmmmmm - all the swan necks are working and they always have been - it's just that they needed a little bending to make them contact the regulatuer arm. They do absolutely nothing though, even in the gen, other than give a cosmetic lift to the movt so do not get too worked up about them.

What no-one has mentioned is the fact that the balance wheel has the correct spoke shape to it in this new movt. I am not sure that it is the smaller - higher beat rate type (like the gen) as it looks like the same size as the older type but is certainly a different shape.

Overall though the finish is still a mile off the gen if you ever look at a real one - except the H series which is a lot closer.

It very well might do but the factories are still fitting the standard hands which have a longer tube so will still look recessed even if the cannon pin was 10meters long - just need to fit Davidsens fiddy hands (for the fiddy) or file down the tube on the minute hand to solve the problem.

• 1 month later...
Interestingly my two most recent CDG Unitas movements (231 and 217) both came with whta looked like a recessed cannon pinion but the extended cannon pinion was in fact already installed. They simply needed a little shaving of the hands to reveal it. :)

That's tha main improvement on this movement, IMO.

I just don't see what the hullabaloo about this movement is. Look, until they get the engraving on the plates right, anyone who knows what an OEM movement looks like will spot the reop movement in 1.35 seconds. The other 99.9% of the planet couldn't spot it as a rep movement if it had "made in china" stamped on it.

Is there a H seriesw/ "working" swans neck movement available? If they've fixed the "Officine Panerai" font on that one, then that would be something to get excited about. Last I heard that movement has been "about to be released"released since May.

quote from fine pixWhat no-one has mentioned is the fact that the balance wheel has the correct spoke shape to it in this new movt. I am not sure that it is the smaller - higher beat rate type (like the gen) as it looks like the same size as the older type but is certainly a different shape. end quote

you might also notice that the adjusting arm is the correct shape. The main point of having a functioning swans neck it to make fine ajustment easier there for the time keeping better

Andy

Edited by fxrandy

I have taken my 111h with swiss ETA 6497 apart for modding/reluming. I pulled the canon pinion out with a hand remover for replacement only to come to the conclusion that the original canon pinion was is fact a long one. (canon pinion -> 3.14mm, hour wheel 2.16mm both measured with a digital caliper). No canon pinion and hour wheel replacment was needed, only a modification or replacement of the hands is needed to fix the reccesed pin fix on the new movements...

Pics of canon pinion that where installed by default. Sorry cant take any measurements\pics of the default hands because they are on there way to an artist for reluming.

post-406-1152461275_thumb.jpg

post-406-1152461286_thumb.jpg