When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Took a dive with eyes closed (and fingers crossed)

inmotion

Well, most of us know that davidsen tests his watches to a water resistance of 30m.

Furthermore, most of us also know that usually 30m = light splashes.

as reckless as i am, or simply stupid i decided to take my pam112 from davidsen to new depths.

did it survive to a 1 hour swim in the pool? YES!

did it survive to a dive in the deep end of the pool? YES!

did it survive to retrieving sunken weights at the bottom of the pool? YES!

enjoy the pictures

ps: this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only (though the feats mentioned above are true), i dont recommend for anyone to do these with any rep watches prior to having them properly pressure tested. as for me, im just crazy and couldn't justify having a "300m" water resistant watch and not being able to swim with it ...

as reckless as i am, or simply stupid i decided to take my pam112 from davidsen to new depths.

:o

did it survive to a 1 hour swim in the pool? YES!

did it survive to a dive in the deep end of the pool? YES!

did it survive to retrieving sunken weights at the bottom of the pool? YES!

Gracious. Sunken weights no less.

ps: this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only (though the feats mentioned above are true), i dont recommend for anyone to do these with any rep watches prior to having them properly pressure tested. as for me, im just crazy and couldn't justify having a "300m" water resistant watch and not being able to swim with it ...

I totally agree. But I am batdoody scared to do the same, despite DSN telling me I can do what you did, so long as I have make sure the caseback's screwed on TIGHT, and checking the CG for the same.

I really want to try this...ever since I saw member swimming with his sweet family in a pool.

His wife told him if he ruined the PAM, he couldn't get another though. :p

Hey, Inmotion thanks! Great blue-tint pic at that.

:D

well... about the reckless part... i lied a bit.

i actually dropped my dsn into a glass of water for a while the day i received it. (actually, that's pretty reckless too haha)

came out fine....it was actually really fun to watch the movement tick away underwater... i checked the watch, no leaks whatsoever

so yesterday, when my roommate asked me if i wanted to go down and swim with him i decided to bring my panerai and see how water resistant it was exactly

apparently, its pretty damn water resistant :)