When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Troubleshooting A 2824-2 Eta

Or you could have something in the movement itself that is keeping it from running. Last month my GMT 2836 quit running. I noticed that the movement wasn't tight against the top of the case and so I opened the case back and saw that one of the tabs that holds the movement in place had broke and the part was lost in the movement apparently. My watchmaker took out two screws and removed the rotor and the part of the tab was stuck in between two gears. He took it out and voila, the movement started running again. He put the rotor back on, put in a new tab and I was ready to go. It took him less than two minutes to fix it!

More than likely it's not a big problem, but it sure helps to have a watchmaker who will work on it! Good luck.

Buying gen doesn't protect you either... just makes it easier to find a watch person to fix. Hopefully for the gen owner it is still under warranty, otherwise it will cost a lot more to fix it as well. Did I hear somewhere that panerai is no longer performing minor repairs without requiring a servicing at the same time.

I took this watch to my watchmaker finally, it turns out that there was a piece of straw (or hay or something) stuck inside the movement. Of all things that could go wrong. Cost me $10 to fix.

Where did you find this watchmaker. I can't find one that will open the case for $10.