When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717

helohe

I have read in this forum that the IWC 3717 is the best rep available. Which is the best collector (best rep quality) to buy this watch?

Is there a seller that sell the watch with already changed date and day wheels and/or ETA movement swap?

Does anyone now if this watch is also available in Zircon Oxide finish like here: http://www.timezone.com/library/archives/a...667721186101605

btw I live in switzerland.

sincerely

Edited by helohe

There is no rep 3717 with a pvd coating.

As far as the best source for the 3717, that is a good question. As far as I know the current models available come from mostly CN dealers. The first 3717 that were released were TW models.

There seems to be some conjecture concerning the more recent offering of the CN models. According to a few recent posts the quality of the CN 3717's is not near the quality of EL's original model. Dial, case, date wheel, pushers, etc.

Best bet would be to look for an original model owner looking to sell. However, many of us with EL's original model have modded them extensively, and I doubt that most would want to part with one.

There is no rep 3717 with a pvd coating.

Dear Friend:

I recommend you to check out Puretime (Angus) in dealer session. U should found something interesting......

However; it's not a "Pure-Blood 3717" I think it's New TopGUN version without the double-Chrono function.....

Best regards,

Raymond

I have read in this forum that the IWC 3717 is the best rep available. Which is the best collector (best rep quality) to buy this watch?

Is there a seller that sell the watch with already changed date and day wheels and/or ETA movement swap?

Does anyone now if this watch is also available in Zircon Oxide finish like here: http://www.timezone.com/library/archives/a...667721186101605

btw I live in switzerland.

sincerely

Hi,

watch you have on TZ link is not 3717, but older fliegerchrono version (3706). It has smaller case than watches from 3717 line.

I don't think there are any PVD watches in current filegerchrono line, they substituted it with ceramic.

Angus did have one fantasy model in PVD few days ago - 3717 case PVD-ed, TopGun-like dial, wrong crown, no AR - but despite that very nice watch. But he said there is just one piece available, so I'm not sure if it is still available.

As for buying 3717, I think all collectors have similar model, you just need to check if it has new A7750 movement - OR if you want to swap movement with genuine ETA/Val 7750, you should look for old A7750, because it will make swap much easier.

regards