When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IT question.

offshore

Maybe someone more knowleagable can help me here.

Until recently, I have been receiving subscribed newsletters, from a number of different sites.

A couple of weeks back, I noticed, they had stopped.

I thought of a possible change on my spam filters,(IE, Outlook Express, or even my AV programme) and checked, but these were all still OK.

I finally contacted one of the organisations who send these newsletters, to be told that the problem was my ISP, who has recently increased its spam settings.

Contacted them ( Bigpond here in Oz.. who are our major national telephone Co), and I am just getting the run around, and no real answers. (mainly auto replies)

I know I should just move to another ISP, but that is just a HUGE hassle... changing email addys... multiple forums etc etc.... Seriously it would probably be a good days work to totally tidy up and change eveything!

So the question is, can I do anything about the level of mail I receive thru their server?

Any/all advice appreciated.

Offshore

(IT noob)

yep, gmail is the answer, if it ever happens with gmail, simply add the sender's email to gmail's adress book.

Redirecting from gmail to your normal email could do, but my advice would be to switch definitely to gmail, best webmail ever, has POP and IMAP protocols, what else could you ask for?

Bit of warning though, if you're an americain citizen, privacy could be a concern...