When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

God Bless America

Watchmeister

Returning into the U.S. I was wearing my modded 63. Here it is:

IMGP1057.jpg

The customs official saw what was on my wrist and made the comment "Very nice Panerai." He then asked whether I had bought it abroad, I told him that actually it was 8 years old. His response was that "it was looking awfully new". I then explained to him that it was an older series and that I cared for my watches and had the luxury of rotating several different PAM's. :lol: We talked for a few more minutes about Panerai watches and he mentioned how he had seen a number recently and liked them. Who knew? God bless America!

:o Are broads available now on the open market? I think there's one here we can put up for sale...

My God man, it's breakfast time.

Something about the "it looks pretty new" line tells me that guy has less of an appreciation for Panerai watches as he does making people remove them and hand them over.

I'm sure him asking if you bought it abroad and say it looks new was him fishing for a confession that you owe duty on it. Good thing you were wearing it and it wasn't packed in your bag. There's not much they can do if you are wearing it unless you volunteer the information. I wonder how many people just come out and say "Yeah! I just got it, pretty cool huh?" and the Customs guy replies with a smile, "Looks like you owe about $500 in duty on that imported watch.. pretty cool huh."