When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eagle21

Guest JOHN PERCY

Guest JOHN PERCY

Back on the 25th May I agreed a price with Eagle21 for his Vertigo strap and paid through paypal immediately to the address supplied by Eagle21. Paypal have not reported any problems with this payment. Since then Ive sent numerous emails and PM's asking for acknowledgement that the payment has been received. Ive also asked for an expected dispatch date. Despite using every method of communication that I can Ive had no reply. Every attempt has been ignored and the message tracker shows that PM's are unread. Ive checked Eagle21's activity on the board and he has been active regularly so hes not away or on holiday. Although its only (only???) ten days since payment the fact that there is no acknowledgement of payment or delivery of the strap makes me think the worst. Does anyone have any dealings with this member. I intend to make a claim through Paypal today which seems the sensible thing to do. The money is neither here or there but a simple "thanks Ive got payment strap in the post tomorrow" would have made things very simple.

Back on the 25th May I agreed a price with Eagle21 for his Vertigo strap and paid through paypal immediately to the address supplied by Eagle21. Paypal have not reported any problems with this payment. Since then Ive sent numerous emails and PM's asking for acknowledgement that the payment has been received. Ive also asked for an expected dispatch date. Despite using every method of communication that I can Ive had no reply. Every attempt has been ignored and the message tracker shows that PM's are unread. Ive checked Eagle21's activity on the board and he has been active regularly so hes not away or on holiday. Although its only (only???) ten days since payment the fact that there is no acknowledgement of payment or delivery of the strap makes me think the worst. Does anyone have any dealings with this member. I intend to make a claim through Paypal today which seems the sensible thing to do. The money is neither here or there but a simple "thanks Ive got payment strap in the post tomorrow" would have made things very simple.

I hate when such things happen...

Guest JOHN PERCY

A member has suggested I contact amin to see if they know who this member is. It seems they can compare from previous known scammer IP addys. Thanks for the advice.

It does seem unlikely that its a scam as the price was only $35 but you never know.

I'll keep everyone up to date if it is a scam

Guest JOHN PERCY
Sorry John as soon as I saw this thread I ran an IP check and eagle21 only resolves to eagle21.

Ken

Hi Ken, not understanding a single thing about an IP address is that good news or bad

John

It's a little harsh to call him a scammer. It has only been 10 days since you paid.

No,,not harsh at all.. If we had an agreement and you already got my money and you left for vacation before shipping to me my goods with out letting me know that you cannot ship because you are going away,,,, what would you think if you are me. This is irresponsible of Eagle21. I was interested on that light brown Vertigo but it is a bit longer for me. I would do the same and request to compare IP addy from the mods too. This is not calling somebody a scammer.

Guest JOHN PERCY
It's a little harsh to call him a scammer. It has only been 10 days since you paid.

The suggestion is that it may be a scam not that it is. I have given Eagle21 plenty of time to respond which he should have done anyway as a simple curtesy. He has been on the board regularly since. Either he is a scammer, ignorant or doesnt understand emails and PM's, only time will tell. It just seems that the right thing to do is to let everyone know that there might be a problem here. Being a cynic I believe its the first option and possibly a $35 scam was a test to see if he could get away with it clean. If this is the case then the next thing we will see is a genuine solid gold Panny for $300 then the London Bridge.

He was warned on several occasions that if he didnt contact me I would post and make a claim through Paypal. He didnt reply therefore Ive done both.

Mind you, he may have done me a favour, with all these posts my RWG cash is rocketing

Edited by JOHN PERCY

The suggestion is that it may be a scam not that it is. I have given Eagle21 plenty of time to respond which he should have done anyway as a simple curtesy. He has been on the board regularly since. Either he is a scammer, ignorant or doesnt understand emails and PM's, only time will tell. It just seems that the right thing to do is to let everyone know that there might be a problem here. Being a cynic I believe its the first option and possibly a $35 scam was a test to see if he could get away with it clean. If this is the case then the next thing we will see is a genuine solid gold Panny for $300 then the London Bridge.

He was warned on several occasions that if he didnt contact me I would post and make a claim through Paypal. He didnt reply therefore Ive done both.

Mind you, he may have done me a favour, with all these posts my RWG cash is rocketing

Would this be the same member?

http://www.watchtrader.cc/forums/index.php?showtopic=2634

Well,

the whole thing is just paranoic. I waited myself 15 days for this strap to arrive to me from BOB and JOHN PERCY filed a claim to paypal by waiting 10 days. He should had noticed that I was not active for days so the easiest conclusion would be that there was something personal keeping me away from my keyboard and not necessarily assume that I want to scam him for $35. We all pay and wait for our money and someone who has been here for a while knows exactly what is the alarm time period for the delivery of an item. This delivery time is definitely not 10 days even for our trusted dealers...not even mention TTK.

So dear John,

relax, noone wants to scam you for $35. It is great when someone replies to your questions but not necessarily a crime when he is not able to do so. Trust me, I have bought many watches and straps and your life will not change dramaticaly by getting couple of days earlier this strap.

Hope this helps.

Guest JOHN PERCY

MY REPLY TO EAGLE21 SENT DIRECT TO HIM BY EMAIL

Dude

Understand one thing, when someone pays me for something I acknowledge receipt of that payment and then answer any other emails and PM's they might send, its simply good manners and good practice. I sent you many emails and PM's that you must have read, youve been on the board enough yet you decide to ignore my attempts at contact. What conclusion would you have me draw. Ive taken the action I see fit under the circumstances. You had adequate notice of what action I intended to take but still ignored me.

It seems strange that you have ignored all the attempts at contact but manage to find the time to send one email when I take action. When/if the strap arrives I will post comments on the board and withdraw my claim on Paypal.

John

I would make two points. Firstly you have been logging in to the board regularly as can be seen if anyone monitors your control section regularly. Secondly you seem to be able to reply to emails quickly when a problem is brought to the boards attention. Pity you didnt reply as quickly to my ten emails and PM's I sent. This could have been avoided if you have.

I will post again if the strap arrives which it seems it will (I hope)

Edited by JOHN PERCY

Guest JOHN PERCY

Well this is my final post on this topic just as an update.

Strap arrived today from eagle21, nothing like the colour listed but at least its here. I paid on the 25th May and on the 4th of June Eagle21/Pale emailed for the first time to say "Dude, relax. Your strap is on its way"

Postmark on the envelope is the 5th June, the day after it was on its way.

Took eleven days from payment to be posted.

Edited by JOHN PERCY

glad you finally got your strap..... but I'd been concerned too after all that happened within the last few days!

glad you finally got your strap..... but I'd been concerned too after all that happened within the last few days!