When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Panerai 111h - Weird Movement

DemonSlayer

I bought a Panerai 111h recently, and I'm a bit confused in how to wind it because I thought it was a manual wind, but when I shake the watch, or wear it on my wrist, the second hand begins to tick like a regular automatic watch.

Is this possible for the panerai 111h? Also, when I pull out the crown in the first click, and I turn the crown toward me, I can see the gears in the back click and move, but when I turn the crown the opposite way nothing happens. When I pull the crown out all the way, I can set the time. Pics are below:

Picture002.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture018.jpg

It could be a bit normal that the seconds hand turnd when you wear it or when you move the watch briskly, what could be happening is (assuming the watch is unwound) it that you are releasing the remainder of the tension on the main spring. I'm sure if you watch it, the seconds hand will not turn for more than a few seconds..

When winding, turning the crown away from you ^ should cause the gears to move and the main spring to wind. Turning the crown towards you should result in a ticking sound and no visible movement while looking through the clear case back.

I am no expert, but this has been my experience.

Kindest regards,

**EDIT The crown should not need to be pulled out inorder to wind the mainspring. END EDIT**

Thanks flamemax, that was very helpful. This is my first Panerai, and I have to say it has made quite an impression on me. Do any Pam experts here know how accurate it is in terms of looks? Also, is the movment a good one?

**EDIT - How many times do I have to full turn the crown to fully wind it, and how long does the watch remain wound? Does winding have to be done on a daily basis?

Edited by DemonSlayer

Thanks flamemax, that was very helpful. This is my first Panerai, and I have to say it has made quite an impression on me. Do any Pam experts here know how accurate it is in terms of looks? Also, is the movment a good one?

**EDIT - How many times do I have to full turn the crown to fully wind it, and how long does the watch remain wound? Does winding have to be done on a daily basis?

In term of accuracy, I'm sure that the PAM experts will point out several minute details, however, bear in mind that the majority of the public have never even heard of this watch, let alone know what the details should be.

In terms of winding, it should take about fourty winds, from completely stopped, to fully wind the watch, and that should keep going for about 48 hours. By choice, I wind my PAMs at midnight every day, just so I know that it's always fully wound :)

Dear Dante (Devil May Cry....):

1.) Your 111H is equiped with a OLD-chinese 6479 Movement without the swanneck regulator. I could only tell u it's good or not only u could take a shot close to the "Balance Wheel"

2.) If u want to wind your movement. 1st pull the CG-Level down/Unlock ----> Turn your crown clockwise ----> For Chinese Movement; it may take 80~100 round to fully wind, don't worry to break your mainspring when u wind. It's because u will feel a tension very easy when it fully winded. It should last not less than 48hours for 6479 movement.

3.) Pull out the crown only when u going to adjust the time; it won't wind when u pull your crown out.

4.) From your photos; I guess your PAM is a standard rep only. The flaws I found in your photos: 1.) recessed cannon-pin 2.) CG pin not flushed 3.) "L Swiss Made L" too close to "6" 4.) The blue engravement of " Offinice Panerai" on movement are to big 5.) No Swanneck Dagger regulator on the movement.

You can also compare my 111h from DSN. Links is under my signature.

Hope this could help!

Best Regards,

Raymond