When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black Friday

Victoria

It's not just women who go nuts and wake up at 2 AM to be first in the queues on Black Friday. Men do too.

So who here will be doing the whole "Black Friday" thing? :p

(Me, no. Never have yet)

Even Canadians are crossing the border, due to the US dollar's advantageous discounts for our neighbours. Problem is, Canadian retailers are sufferin'.

"VANCOUVER -- Call it Black Friday, or Blitz Day or whatever you want, but the sales in the United States on Thursday are good enough that not even Canadian mall managers can keep their workers at home.

Two of James Moller's 10 staff high-tailed it for the border, leaving behind their work at British Columbia's Coquitlam Centre for a dash into a weekend of barn-burning specials, as many U.S. retailers kick-off their "golden quarter" with extravagant midnight openings on the day after U.S. Thanksgiving."

From: http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/financi...ba3&k=23305

Not me. I would have to be saving a lot of money, and I mean a lot of money, to even bother driving across the line! As it is now on any normal weekend, waits at the border crossing can be 2, 3, even 4 hours each way! :thumbdown: Add another 50 minute drive from downtown Vancouver, No thanks. But that isn't stopping a few people I know. They are probably waiting at the border now as most outlets are opening at midnight to start their sales.

Oh yeah, be careful mentioning the strong Canadian dollar. It seems to offend some of our American members! :p

Did it! Braved the cold (and I mean cold night) and got a new TV for the living room! 46 inch LCD - now the kids won't have to watch their cartoons on a broken, formerly color, TV.

Anyone else?

And yes! - where are the rep deals to tempt us???

-B

Did it! Braved the cold (and I mean cold night) and got a new TV for the living room! 46 inch LCD - now the kids won't have to watch their cartoons on a broken, formerly color, TV.

Aww, man that sounds so sweet...how early did you wake up, Brep??

Anyone else?

Unfortunately, I have to go shopping now too, and dread the parking, the crowds, and the queues. Nothing so glamourous as a 46 incher. Just some pillows and a heating blanket. :p

And yes! - where are the rep deals to tempt us???

Well, Narikaa has a nice uPO deal going. But precious little else so far!

Aww, man that sounds so sweet...how early did you wake up, Brep??

Unfortunately, I have to go shopping now too, and dread the parking, the crowds, and the queues. Nothing so glamourous as a 46 incher. Just some pillows and a heating blanket. :p

Well, Narikaa has a nice uPO deal going. But precious little else so far!

Miss V,

Hope you had fun shopping - I actually had to run a couple of errands this PM myself. BTW, who said anything about going to sleep??? Yes, it's been a long day...

'Nite,

-B

Yea, I ventured out today...no special early departure, but it wasn't that bad. I chose to work until noon anyway.

I stayed clear of the malls...but, hit a few electronics stores and got a Stereo for mom, some DVD's for the wife, and a couple other items for myself. It didn't seem the prices were any different, however.

Usually, I just purchase online.