When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help ID this Watch (PAM 244?)

twicebaked

Hello All,

Recently I attended a wedding where one of the guests was wearing what appeared to me to be a PAM 244. Once I got home and viewed this picture some of the details appear to be off (hour markers, seconds subdial placement & white date font). Can you guys help me ID this watch and tell me wheter or not it is a GEN?

Sorry about the picture quality as this is the only photo I have. Thanks for the help!

panerai.bmp

From a distance in person the watch looked very nice tho.

Go figure how our reps look! B)

Any other opinions?

C'mon, don't be joking... opinions can vary from 'bad fake' to 'worse fake' to 'even worse fake'... :lol:

Go figure how our reps look! B)

I KNOW! Initially i was glad that i did not bring my 177H along to the wedding, for fear of being called out! Now, I know that my watch was 100% nicer than his canal st special. I now realize exactly how convincing these reps of ours can be in the flesh. ;)

C'mon, don't be joking... opinions can vary from 'bad fake' to 'worse fake' to 'even worse fake'... :lol:

To tell you the truth this was the first SS "PAM" that I have seen with my own eyes in real life. The watch even appeared to have a bluish AR coating.

The only other one that I had seen was a titanium model similar to the one I own. If i did not know that this gent could afford a gen I would have given it more scrutiny at the time. I was shocked when I first saw the picture that I posted, because even a NOOB like me could tell that it was a fake from a small grainy picture. I figured if it was that obvious i must have been missing something. :rolleyes:

I cant wait to add a NICE SS PAM to my collection now! B)

Thanks to everybody who replied!

I now realize exactly how convincing these reps of ours can be in the flesh. ;)
Really.

And you came to the best place in the world about reps. :)

The watch even appeared to have a bluish AR coating.
No wonder, have a look at this thread.

If i did not know that this gent could afford a gen I would have given it more scrutiny at the time.
Well, that just shows that, besides of the money to get a gen, that gent also had the brain to get a rep.

Just, not brain enough to sort out a good rep! :lol:

I cant wait to add a NICE SS PAM to my collection now! B)
:clap2::thumbsupsmileyanim: