When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Vintage Repeater

seanrye

As you can probably see from my post count I'm new to the forum. First, thanks for the great website and community. Now, I have fallen in love with the IWC watches. After browsing I've come across the IWC Vintage Repeater (I did a search and came up with minimal results). I originally wanted the Portuguese until I read of the problems. In came the Repeater....I really like this simple watch. What is the general consensus on this rep? Somewhere I read that the watch is actually 40mm not the 38mm listed. How does it compare to the gen? Maybe someone who owns this watch can chime in. Thanks!

Here is a picture of the watch from ?Joshua's? website. (If I'm not allowed to post from websites I'll be glad to take it down)

DSC_0003.jpg

there haven't been too many reviews of this watch; i've considered this one for a while, but never really got around to picking one up. i'm sure joshua will confirm what the actual size of this one is if you shoot him an email -- he is typically very responsive and patient with new buyers.

anyways, those are just my comments -- i'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you decide on; there are so many great watches here to choose from.

finally, welcome to RWG seanrye :victory: feel free to ask any other questions -- i think you'll find people here to be pretty helpful so long as you have the right attitude.

cheers :drunk:

deltatahoe

I've seen a gen of this one, and it has some special magic - mostly because it's a vintage - that the rep can have 'out of the box'... I you really want something close to the gen, you should probably consider have it modded and vintagized (try The Zigmeister).

Also, remember this is a very high en watch, chances are that if you encounter somebody who will be able to identify this watch, he will be a watch expert in some way.

Last, if you're in your 20s, and unless your dad is a multi millionaire, then it won't be credible...

i own that one, and it is technically 40mm when you account for the faux repeater lever sticking out. the strap that it comes on is absolute rubbish and would need to be replaced almost immediately. i don't know if it is an optical effect of the glass, but the dial actually appears to be domed as well. i can't really speak to the accuracy of the watch, but for a hundred bucks you can't really get too wrapped up with that stuff.

overall i'd say it is elegant, but anyone that knows what a repeater is will know that it is a fake since the slider is in a fixed position. i forget if this one is supposed to be platinum in gen form, but that would obviously be another tell. the cream dial that you pictured was my choice as well, and i have been quite happy with it to date. it's kind of a beater, but not one of the sporty beaters.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest amsterdamcreative

This watch is out of production right now. Bought one from Perfect Clones which ran way too fast and sent it back. Now I've got the last one from Silix', white dial with black strap and it's perfect. The watch is really, really nice. And hey, its only 90 Dollars! Not even close to the real thing? I don't care... I've got my Sub for daily use and will wear the IWC occassionally. It's a beauty.