When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob - Can I remove the bezel insert on my SSD...

mjmurphy926

i use my old credit/debit cards on my vintages and it seems to do the trick well...

however, on my gens, i am required to use some thing a little stronger like a swiss knife... i do use some masking tape on the case and knife to protect bezel and case from scratches... hope this helps...

EDIT: Great read on how to do it! BEZEL REMOVAL

PP

Edited by poopypants

Last time I dropped my noobmariner in the parking lot, the bezel insert popped right out. And luckily it didn't booger up my watch- just reglued the insert w/ epoxy.

But short of dropping your watch, and w/o removing the whole bezel, you are stuck w/ trying to get a knife in there and popping the insert out. Use tape and be careful. Maybe pry from the inside against the crystal, but go slowly and be careful.

A www.watchmaterial.com pearl and a wholesaleoutlet990 insert from ebay would make a good replacement. If you get the original insert out in good shape, then you'd only need the watchmaterial pearl to make it look better.