When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JimmyFu questions - friends need you help - please read

t

Hi guys

building a customized watch for a famous PAM collector and will use a jimmyfu case cause it is without PAM engravings and this guy want them without.

i have a jimmy case and bezel here. Now need a caseback (could order it at ebay from jimmy) and a saphirre crystal and CG.

now my questions:

1. which sapphire crystal will fit jimmy case? I am familiar with Angus (PureTime) parts... will his sapphire fit on Jimmy case?

2. which crown guard will fit jimmy case? I don

CG should from Angus should fit just fine. I'll be done the same for a project of my own. On the crystal, that could be tougher... I'm not 100% certain on the fit. I do have some Jimmy Fu crystals I can spare, however, if you want one. They're mineral, not sapphire though.

A standard rep crystal fits a Jimmy case, but you need the teflon retaining crystal ring that comes with Jimmy crystal to get the rep crystal to fit a Jimmy case + you need a Jimmy bezel.

The standard rep crystal ring is to thin for a Jimmy case, if used the crystal will just pop out of the case if you hold it upsidedown. Maybe Chieftang can supply you the Jimmy crystal ring.

You can buy a PAM case set from josh that comes with gen sapphire crystal lightly AR coated, case, bezel and CG for 80$. You can use the crystal and CG for your project.

Here's a pic of my Jimmy case + bezel + standard rep crystal, etc.

post-406-1196376336_thumb.jpg

CG should from Angus should fit just fine. I'll be done the same for a project of my own. On the crystal, that could be tougher... I'm not 100% certain on the fit. I do have some Jimmy Fu crystals I can spare, however, if you want one. They're mineral, not sapphire though.

Someone should give me a bad spelling / bad grammar rating for that post. Horrible.

Haste makes waste.

A standard rep crystal fits a Jimmy case, but you need the teflon retaining crystal ring that comes with Jimmy crystal to get the rep crystal to fit a Jimmy case + you need a Jimmy bezel.

The standard rep crystal ring is to thin for a Jimmy case, if used the crystal will just pop out of the case if you hold it upsidedown. Maybe Chieftang can supply you the Jimmy crystal ring.

You can buy a PAM case set from josh that comes with gen sapphire crystal lightly AR coated, case, bezel and CG for 80$. You can use the crystal and CG for your project.

What he said ^^^^^^^

thanks guys

i have also jimmy bezel and jimmy glass (mineral - bad <_< )

now i need a sapphire glass (standard will fit) and standard CG

woow this should be easy.... i hope you guys are all right

chieftang... do you have a DOUBLE SIDE AR sapphire glass for me?

If you have the Jimmy gasket, you'll be fine. No, I don't have a double AR sapphire for you. But once you obtain the sapphire, I'll coat it for you.

yes i have the Jimmy gasket

where do you located? Could you order a glass for me and sell me the glass + AR coating?

it would need to much time when i order the glass... ship it to you... and you back to me

Hi Tourby,

the correct crystal diameter to fit into a Jimmy's case is 35.5mm, and fortunately that is the standard rep crystal size (even if I saw rep crystals ranging from 34.8 to 36mm).

As it has already been pointed out, you also need the Jimmy's teflon ring.

Hi Tourby,

the correct crystal diameter to fit into a Jimmy's case is 35.5mm, and fortunately that is the standard rep crystal size (even if I saw rep crystals ranging from 34.8 to 36mm).

As it has already been pointed out, you also need the Jimmy's teflon ring.

thanks friend... yes i have it... i have bought this jimmy parts: case + bezel/glass... now have order the caseback

but i need chieftangs double side AR glass :lol:

yes i have the Jimmy gasket

where do you located? Could you order a glass for me and sell me the glass + AR coating?

it would need to much time when i order the glass... ship it to you... and you back to me

I'm in the USA. I will have to check my supplier for the sapphire but it would probably be about $100 USD for the sapphire plus double AR.

Btw, I wonder why anyone may want a double AR coated sapphire when double AR coated glass performs the same or better. It should not be a matter of inaccurate color nuance, as double AR coating already makes for an inaccuracy on a PAM. :g:

Btw, I wonder why anyone may want a double AR coated sapphire when double AR coated glass performs the same or better. It should not be a matter of inaccurate color nuance, as double AR coating already makes for an inaccuracy on a PAM. :g:

The AR does perform better on sapphire. How much better, and how noticeable? You'd have to compare them side by side to judge.

The AR does perform better on sapphire. How much better, and how noticeable? You'd have to compare them side by side to judge.

I was not meaning to suggest that AR performs better on glass, rather that AR coated glass performs the same as AR coated sapphire as for scratch resistance -- and even better as for crash resistance. About possible differences in the AR effect yes, I'd have to compare like you say.

I also remember your note about AR coating on glass not getting the same blue tone as on sapphire, chief. But that guy asked for double AR coat on a PAM, so he does not look excessively concerned about accuracy, rather about overall look.

And, frankly, I personally find colorless double AR much better looking than blue single AR. ;)

Well, even better than blue double AR to tell the truth. :)

To me, double AR should have the crystal like disappearing. That is voided by a blue tint (that, even more, modifies the color and look of the dial).

Naturally, if we otherwise speak about accuracy, that's an entirely different matter... On PAMs, at least.

I was not meaning to suggest that AR performs better on glass, rather that AR coated glass performs the same as AR coated sapphire as for scratch resistance -- and even better as for crash resistance. About possible differences in the AR effect yes, I'd have to compare like you say.

I also remember your note about AR coating on glass not getting the same blue tone as on sapphire, chief. But that guy asked for double AR coat on a PAM, so he does not look excessively concerned about accuracy, rather about overall look.

And, frankly, I personally find colorless double AR much better looking than blue single AR. ;)

Well, even better than blue double AR to tell the truth. :)

To me, double AR should have the crystal like disappearing. That is voided by a blue tint (that, even more, modifies the color and look of the dial).

Naturally, if we otherwise speak about accuracy, that's an entirely different matter... On PAMs, at least.

Agree 100%. The prominent blue tint on so many rep watches does not look good or accurate. The color tint should be difficult to see, not prominent.

I'm in the USA. I will have to check my supplier for the sapphire but it would probably be about $100 USD for the sapphire plus double AR.

$100? :lol:

where is the problem?... important is that this glass will fit Jimmy case and best quality...

PM me :D