When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Called out wearing my 111H

Fireman_Fred

I was working away from my normal base the other day when a guy who I had only just met, noticed my rep Pam 111h. He suddenly said "I like your PANEERY, is it one of the diving ones?" I didn't know whether to burst out laughing or just walk away !! :lol: He told me that "you don't see many of them around" (I assumed he meant my "Paneery" !!). I was going to ask him how he had recognised my watch but I the opportunity never arose as he became engaged in a conversation with someone else but it certainly brightened up my day and I had to smile everytime I saw him for the rest of that day !

Are you sure he was calling you out or just didn't know how to pronounce it?

I'm not sure - your guess is as good as mine !

I don't think he was calling you out if that means accusing you of wearing a fake. I get comments like that all the time wearing PAM gens and reps, People are beginning to recognize Panerai as tey have increased their advertising and they are becoming more popular.

I think you are probably right but it was his pronunciation that made me laugh !

I seen a guy wearing a gen pam120. We were in Wendy's and he noticed my 111H, he said "we're a rare breed" tapped on his 120, I tapped on my 111H and "indeed" ... that was it.. and we went our ways..

It is the only time I have seen another Panerai being worn in public and it was the only time someone else had noticed mine.

I think I remember having a smile on my face the rest of the day. lol.

I just wonder why noone seems to care that a correct pronounciation of "panerai" and other common panerai-related words is posted right in this forum into an mp3 file (zipped) available for anyone to download... :rolleyes:

Guest Solosailor

Naw, never called somebody out. I got close once on a train to brussels though. He asked me about my Sinn and I handed it to him. When I asked him to return the favor with his Panerai he got all shaky and I left it that. On another occasion a guy in a ..uhm "etablissement" showed of his A. Silberstein. It was one of the crappiest replicas I have ever seen somebody wear. But since he was drunk, 7ft tall and had arms that were meant to become thighs ... I chose not to :)

Cheers

Olly

I don't think he was calling you out Fireman, seems many cannot pronouce Panerai correctly. I find my self wanting to say "panairy", but always it does come out correctly at "pan-air-eye". It is almost a bit of a tounge twister, and while more and more people are becoming familiar with the watch brand, many are not, and not mispronouncing it, simply say "cool watch there". :D