When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO, advise, one size not fit all

magagne

Hi folks, long time that I didn't post here -_-

After reading a lot (without posting :rolleyes: ) about UPO, I wanted to see THE famous UPO in person to see if it can fit on my wrist (I already have an orange 42mm PO that I want to switch for a black one or a UPO, maybe). Anyway, so I visit an Omega AD durring my lunch time today. I bring my 3717 just to compare the size, and compare the lug to lug size (this is my FIRST and simple criteria of knowing if a watch is too big or not). The UPO is definitively not for me. This watch look overkill on my wrist. I have a small, but a "flat" wrist (ok ok here the size: 6.5") that can usually accommodate some big watch. I can wear without problem; a Seiko MONSTER diving watch, a 3717 if I push the limit (due to his long lug to lug size), the little too big puck of the Luminox SEALS. But this one (the UPO), no, I need to pass over it, specially with the bracelet. It just look ridiculous. Guys, try before buy, it's my advise, cuz the UPO is NOT for everyone. Sometime enthusiasm of forum member or owner of some watch push us too buy/try, but after the excitation of the honeymoon, we live some deception ;) . So, do you homework, go to try and see by yourself.

cheers.

A lot of it is perception. You are used to a 42mm size, so it is expected that a 45mm watch will feel too large for you. I had the same experience when I went to the AD to try on the PO. The 42mm felt nice, but the 45mm felt huge. I did however buy an UPO, then another. Now 42mm seems small, and 45mm feels right. Its just what you are used to. BTW, I'm a 6.75" wrist.

A lot of it is perception. You are used to a 42mm size, so it is expected that a 45mm watch will feel too large for you. I had the same experience when I went to the AD to try on the PO. The 42mm felt nice, but the 45mm felt huge. I did however buy an UPO, then another. Now 42mm seems small, and 45mm feels right. Its just what you are used to. BTW, I'm a 6.75" wrist.

Agree about the perception. I experiment same thing when I pass between my seiko diver 38mm to the seiko MONSTER, etc. etc. but the UPO, even the seller agree, too bulky for me, he suggest me the 42mm (of course, I already have it, but I didn't say it LOL!).

Lucky of you who can wear it and fit on your wrist perfectly.