When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Show us the most beautiful Tag Heuer in your heart. ;)

cheneylee

Is that Monza a gen or rep? The push buttons and position of the date seem to suggest a rep but I've not seen a rep with a black date wheel.
Tsk tsk....you tell me ;) Here's the caseback - may give you a clue about this particular model :D

monzaretroko0.jpg

edit: lumberjack shirt in pic is NOT mine :p ....previous owner ;)

Edited by docblackrock

I WAS friendly and helpful, see?

Tsk tsk....you tell me ;) Here's the caseback - may give you a clue about this particular model :D

Merely encouraging you to do a little research. Instant gratification is not as satisfying doing something yourself with a little nudge in the right direction ;) Although sadly seems to be the norm here these days *sigh*

Unfortunately, instead your questioning came across as a little rude and obtuse making some comment suggesting I was using two different watches? And then something about pushers being off? :blink:

No harm done, I'm sure you didn't mean to be rude. You've seen enough of the standard gen Monza's clearly and like the model, so for that alone, having good taste, I'll spill - this is the 'flagship' calibre 36 Monza with the gorgeous and legendary (Zenith) El Primero movement.

I WAS friendly and helpful, see?

Merely encouraging you to do a little research. Instant gratification is not as satisfying doing something yourself with a little nudge in the right direction ;) Although sadly seems to be the norm here these days *sigh*

I've been researching for months before placing my order last week. I've used these forums amongst others to research.

Unfortunately, instead your questioning came across as a little rude and obtuse making some comment suggesting I was using two different watches? And then something about pushers being off? :blink:

It does, to me, look like 2 different watches. From the front perspective, the surface of the pushers looks reasonably parallel with the rim of the pusher "sheath" protruding from the case. Given I now know this is a gen, it's rather disappointing. In the second image, it clearly doesn't. Secondly, the genuines tend to have a kind of "plate" on the top of the pusher, rather than it being merely a cylinder shape.

The date positioning seems to vary, though I've never seen a rep with black date wheel. I don't understand how asking these questions comes across as rude....maybe my post count isn't high enough.

this is the 'flagship' calibre 36 Monza with the gorgeous and legendary (Zenith) El Primero movement.

Well, you could have just told me that!

I've been researching for months before placing my order last week. I've used these forums amongst others to research. It does, to me, look like 2 different watches. From the front perspective, the surface of the pushers looks reasonably parallel with the rim of the pusher "sheath" protruding from the case. Given I now know this is a gen, it's rather disappointing. In the second image, it clearly doesn't. Secondly, the genuines tend to have a kind of "plate" on the top of the pusher, rather than it being merely a cylinder shape.

The date positioning seems to vary, though I've never seen a rep with black date wheel. I don't understand how asking these questions comes across as rude....maybe my post count isn't high enough. Well, you could have just told me that!

Hey, what do I know, as you said, you've been "researching for months".....

Hey, what do I know, as you said, you've been "researching for months".....

Indeed.

And then people question why the suggestion of a one-stop guide to rep 'tells' is a hairbrained scheme....! Looking for the tells and completely failing to notice the obvious genuine (and so far un-repped) movement in the back.

:rolleyes:

:D No worries Rico, the dial won't be skeletonised in the production model.

But they'll keep the display back, and that's the bit I was thinking about :o

And then people question why the suggestion of a one-stop guide to rep 'tells' is a hairbrained scheme....! Looking for the tells and completely failing to notice the obvious genuine (and so far un-repped) movement in the back.

If you read what I'd written, rather than just use the opportunity to jump on the bandwagon and ridicule me, you'd see that the picture of the back was only posted after I raised the question.

You will see the posts I have made here and other forums asking about these watches. I do sincerely apologise for asking what I thought were reasonable questions and offering my observations.

Jesus christ, I try to join in a good natured chat and get ridiculed and lampooned. And in case you're just thinking I'm a [censored], that's possibly my first bad tempered post on any forum since I started using the internet. It's not nice being made t feel like an outsider and laughed at.

I'll get my coat. :(

I'm partial to my targa florio

So am I, so am I...!

The TF and Monza are gorgeous dress watches - both 70-80 year-old designs too ;)

I knew you'd show up with that beauty soon enough - an anniversary gift from Mrs Section8 wasn't it? Lovely. A friend of mine still has his (like yours the Fangio LE), and I keep chipping away at him - he'll crack soon enough, mwahahaha.......

@docblackrock - Please explain to me how you have 2,296 posts yet you are not a Supporter? Can I offer you supporter status for xmas? :)

Well FYI, I have been a Supporter for a looooong long time, much longer than you've been a member here in fact ;). My membership subscription only expired a few weeks ago and due to some renewal issues (both Paypal and *cough* other related concerns), it's not been actioned as yet. No doubt Don Tomaso and I will speak on his return. Even so, don't confuse 'Supporter' status with donations. So thanks for the offer but not required ;)