When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Daylight 250 from River

Stephane

Hi Guys,

There is a good deal on that Pam and I would like to have experts opinions on this watch.

I don't matter about the bracelet/strap but more of the case/dial of course

Daylight pam 250 ( leather band version only ) 229 usd

Black http://gangan.moo.jp/hon/daylight-ku-28800.jpg

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers

Stephane

It is a very-very good piece, as always with River.

Date window is too much sunken, but that's because the Asian movement. Send the glass to double AR coating and you will have one of the best reps out there. You won't regret.

Edit: for that price is a real bargain. I have the old Daylight (196, wich is almost equal) from about 4 - 5 years and have been working flawless since.

Edited by luisik

Hi Stephane, still lurking PAMs after getting rid of almost all your PAMs? ;)

Quite a good rep -- just, it is a PAM 236, not a 250 (the only difference is the bracelet).

The dial is almost perfect.

Just 4 flaws: 2 unrecoverable and 2 recoverable.

Unrecoverable 1: the date pusher is not exactly @10H, it is rather midway between 10H and 9H.

Unrecoverable 2: the numbers on the caseback are incorrect, they used the caseback from the PAM 188 and 196. The 236 and 250 started from I-series, there are no G-series.

Recoverable 1: the datewheel. The date font is, as usual, ridicolously thin. And the datewheel looks a little recessed (sunken) below the dial.

Recoverable 2 (or even negligible): as usual, the crown is a tiny bit thinner than the gen.

Stephane, I don't see more flaws in this new 250 than, in example, a 3717 (I think it even has less).... double AR it and you will get what it is called now Ultimate, 1:1 or Super-duper, if you are concerned about adjectives ;)

Adjectives ?

Well that is the less I'm looking at...too much trendy posts here about super reps and few super reps.

:gathering:

No, it's just that I would prefer to go for a "almost fully modded one" and send it to K2222 like my 3717... :good:

• 4 weeks later...

On top of the flaws Sssurfer pointed out it looks as if the 'Luminor Panerai' font is a bit too thin. Also the numbers on the 30 minutes subdial look a bit too small and too thin.

But who's going to see that without having a gen for a side to side comparison?

All in all it looks awesome and I just send a request for this watch to Angus. I hate PAMs! :bangin: