When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Model help! 111H versus 111E

335xray

The title kind of says it all. I have been vigorously search through all the info I can on Paneari reps here and have found tons of great info, but several questions remain unanswered. WHat is the difference btwn the PAM 111H and the 111E? Is it a swiss ETA movement versus the asian movement?

Also, the Wiki at the top right does not have the movement info several people keep referring too. Any one know where it is? It would really help.

Third, I have been thinking of getting a particular 111H that is ready modded from TWP, any reason to go else where?

Thanks,

Mike from Ohio

WHat is the difference btwn the PAM 111H and the 111E?

No, the "E" means it's a sausage dial (hour markers on top of the dial), the older design, rather than the newer sandwich dial (cut out hour markers).

Here is SSSurfer's handy reference guide in .xls format to the models and the years (letters) they refer to. :)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=32170

There's also the "Risti" site:

hxxp://www.paneristi.com/reference/index.html (xx'ed because we don't want trackbacks to this site)

Is it a swiss ETA movement versus the asian movement?

No. The nomenclature is the gen one, not something used for the rep watch community expressly. ;)

Also, the Wiki at the top right does not have the movement info several people keep referring too. Any one know where it is? It would really help.

Hmm, not sure why it's not working for you. Let's try again:

This is the Wiki Guide in toto:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?autocom=ibwiki

This is the movements section:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?autoco...md=cat&id=9

Third, I have been thinking of getting a particular 111H that is ready modded from TWP, any reason to go else where?

He may be swamped at the moment -- try emailing him. I would personally try Davidsen.

I have ordered a modded 111h from TWP which should be here in the next few days. Good communication and hopefully a fanastic product so try emailing him and see if hes still accepting orders at the moment. Ive also had a watch from Davidsen which was superb so search the forum, do some research and choose a collector. As long as you stick with the collectors listed here your in safe hands!!!!

Steve

Thanks guys! That helps alot. I have been in contact with TWP and he has been pretty prompt in answering my emails....sometimes he doesn't answer all the questions in the email :p ...but he answers pretty quickly.

Victoria, the link you gave me for the movement section of the Wiki gave me the same message I got when I went looking for it:

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information"

The info I can find in the wiki is pretty limited....not much there.

Also, thanks for the SSSivlersurfer link/info!

Mike

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information"

Mike! I'm so sorry about that. Perhaps it's a section available only for RWG Supporters, of which you are not yet. So sorry about that -- it's been yonks since I've been a Member, that I forget what is available to whom.

I hope the other replies here have been more helpful to you, though. :)

Mike! I'm so sorry about that. Perhaps it's a section available only for RWG Supporters, of which you are not yet. So sorry about that -- it's been yonks since I've been a Member, that I forget what is available to whom.

I hope the other replies here have been more helpful to you, though. :)

Victoria,

Thanks again. Do you know how to get in contact with Davidsen? I saw his feed back section, but no gallery section like several people have. I have read several good things about his 111H and his fast shipping and would love to get more info on his watches and pricing.

Thanks,

Mike

PS what bands do you like/recommend for a PAM 111H?

Edited by 335xray

Victoria,

Thanks again. Do you know how to get in contact with Davidsen? I saw his feed back section, but no gallery section like several people have. I have read several good things about his 111H and his fast shipping and would love to get more info on his watches and pricing.

No dealer here isn't without his faults. Davidsen can be temperamental (he's an artist, as much as an engineer), and his QC has suffered of late, but he's working on that he said. We'll see. I may have two orders soon, with him, and then I can compare.

PM him at Davidsenjpn. :)

PS what bands do you like/recommend for a PAM 111H?

The million dollar question!

If you could, Mike, do a search string with "Great Panerai Strap Caper". Before I stopped, due to family issues, I had 5 installments of some good strap ideas.

The 111 is the most versatile of all the PAMs, save the 112 (my favourite). You can throw WHATEVER strap you buy, and it'll play.

Check out the Daily Specials in this place:

http://timeconnection.biz/page/timeco/CTGY/Special