When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard GMT

AMK000

Hi guys.

I have the Chop GMT panda, both with rubber band and bracelet.

Thinking to replace the rubber band with a lether strap (racing or not .... dont really care).

Any alternatives out there ..... having in mind that:

- the mm at the lugs and buckle of the watch are not quite standard

- the chopard clasp (that come with the rubber band) has that fat pin that is hard to get into the strap holes.

Any ideas out there ????

Thanks

@Euno:

Dont know if you are asking for the lugsize of strap shown or the watch ???

The watch is 21 mm at the lugs and 18 mm at the clasp (... the clasp itself is 18 mm).

I guess we will need a strap of 22 mm (squeezed) at the lugs and 20 mm (??? ... with a bit of a cut) at the clasp end.

Nice !!!!

A 22 mm strap at the lugs , if squeezed can fit OK the 21mm lugs.

But what you did with the 18 mm clasp ???? ...... or it doesn't have the Chopard clasp ???

Hi AMK000 - sorry, haven't looked at the post over the weekend. The Chopard Clasp ist still on the original rubber strap. I have not used it and do not plan to. The 22mm Hirsch is 20mm wide on the buckle side.

Hi AMK000 - sorry, haven't looked at the post over the weekend. The Chopard Clasp ist still on the original rubber strap. I have not used it and do not plan to. The 22mm Hirsch is 20mm wide on the buckle side.

Maybe that's the only solution (not to use the Chopard clasp)....... or order a tailor made strap but that will be expensive (BANDA ??)

Another option...... need to check further though ... I have the feeling that the SOSF rep strap (black with white stiching) could fit the chopard lugs and clasp.

The only problem is that clasp fat pin of the chopard but as JMT says ... that can be unscrewed and screwed back.

What the size in mm of your carbon fiber strap ... and from where you got it ??

Thanks jmt.

I got it from Panatime. I know folks say this is a 21mm lug size, but my is a 20/18 I am almost 100% sure and it fits both the lugs (with VERY LITTLE gap) and deploy perfectly.

For all fan's of the Hirsch racing strap.... please review this (old) thread I started once I received my GT XL....

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=40286&hl=

Please be aware that there will be spacing between the lug's with the 22mm Hirsch strap as the lug width of the GT XL is 23 mm!!! :-(

I'm currently planning to visit the Mille Miglia next year (15 - 17 may) in Italy, so I'm glad I can at least wear a matching watch...

But now all those new chrono models are coming, I'm heavily tempted to go for one of those as well ;-)