When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Am I going to have a problem or what?

llsteve80

I just thought of this, I'm putting a 2824 eta into a 16233 case with a diamond marker dial. When I did this with a 16014/2836, the hands did not clear the diamond markers. I'm not into bending anything. I scrapped the dial last time and went with roman numerals instead, but will this work without mods? Thankfully I think I found a competent watchsmith in my area if I need to get some work done. I would love nothing more than to just be able to stick the hands on with no worries.

I'm afraid you will have to change some parts. Unless you get very lucky and the 2824-2 you find is already fitted... but not likely.

Brand new from the factory, so stock. would these be parts a competent watchmaker would have in house? or would they have to order them?

they are fairly common parts and your watchmaker problaby has an account with one of the supply houses and can get them. Best to give him the dial to measure the height of the markers and go from there. Probably H3 is what you'll need, but maybe H4 is the diamonds are higher than regular markers.

Probably the easiest place for you to order would be Julesborel.com. You just need to register, set up an account, and order online. You'll have to call in your CC number to pay.

Cannon Pinion - 242/ETA 2500 HT 2.70

Hour Wheel - 255/2600.104 HT 1.76

Fourth Wheel - 227/ETA 2801 H4 HT 5.55

These are for H4, and should be fine for the diamond markers.