When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The history of RWG?

llsteve80

Not sure if you guys remember but it wasn't TTK's conjecture that Blade bought that Acura with forum money, but he posted on another forum bragging about it, I remember the thread clearly. He talked about how cool it was he had an Acura, and that he was taking it back to his country, where not many had them.

He did say it was advertising money he was earning from the forums but I bet a fair bit(most?) was the RWG watch money.

Anyhow... the history that I can remember (ends before R-W-G's demise)...

I started out when some of the first forums (blue and grey ugly mess) were dying, but still a good resource...

I then joined TRC because it was more active and most of the membership was migrating... it was active for a fair bit but not terribly so. Then some of the members started posting about the "new" forum... RWG of course, that had opened. I was one of the first few hundred members, posted and read actively there for a few years. I had a lot of good dealings with some of the awesome membership, some of whom are still around, until I entered my senior year of college and gave up posting/reading due to workload. Now I read and post occasionally, and don't buy near enough watches :D

Mind you... when I migrated over to TRC, Submariner's still didn't have O-Rings around the crown tube! This was a standard feature around 2002 I seem to recall. Everyone not buying reps more than 5 years is in my opinion spoiled rotten and doesn't know how good they have it!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, it's nice to see you around again. Welcome back! Do you remember the day we officially announced this forum over on the original/dying RWG? We all decided to *GO* at the same time (Zulu) and when the clock struck, we posted a bazillion invitation/announcements to the general population that we had recovered a lot of the dying RWG content, created a stable set of databases on a solid server, and we were up and ready to take on as many RWG members as wanted to come on over. It was a heck of a day... we must have registered well over a thousand new members that first day.

A bunch of the mods here copied and pasted their own material directly from the dying box to our new forums (fora?) and really went the extra mile to help people see that it was the same forum, on a new/stable platform, with Admin that was alive and involved. Those guys really deserve the credit for the hard work to keep the continuity and flavor of the forum alive. And extra kudos to T for the ever-loved Christmas skin! :tu: