When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JLC Master Minute Repeater (WOW!!)

slay

First off, i know this is not a 1:1 replica, but its almost impossible to do so! i think they've done a great job with that watch (maybe they could have sceletonized it a little bit more). it looks pretty good compared to the real deal, has working power reserve and working date (date jumps down to 1 after day 31 and doesnt spin around in a circle like on other cheap reps!!)

i also didnt have the time to "photoshop" them pictures, i just sized them down from 5MP to 800x600. the pics were the best i could do in the little time i had! i just have to share this watch, because i think its one great looking JLC rep! unofrtunately Reg only had two of those, one is mine and one was baught by someone else.

now to the review:

Case: i first thought the case is the same as we already know from the great JLC Reserve de Marche reps, but its slightly larger! also the crown is larger and as big as it should be!! the thread's for the caseback (its hold by 4 screws) are not so good thaugh! they seem ruff and some of the screws dont go in all the way. but it seems to be closed properly. two of the threads work pretty well, the other two dont!

Dial: I like the Dial a lot! the priting is very sharp and the overall dial finish is very good!

Movement: i really like the movement rotor! it's a ball-bearing rotor, as we know from the good and expensive eta 2892! i also like the see-through balance wheel. the blue thingee on the balance wheel with rotating second hand makes it look a little bit like a real toubillon! it looks a lot more convicing than a regular exposed balance wheel! unfortunatly the movement was not regulated at all when i got it, so it was about 5-10minutes slow/day, but i reduced that to ~30seconds/day!

Strap: the strap is a piece of crap, which needs to be replaced imeadeatly! okay, there are worse straps, but the top just looks terrible! a 19$ watchprince fake-alligator strap looks GAILION times better (those watchprince straps are great BTW! i have one attached to the watch in the avartar pic and its really great! looks, smeels and feels like gen. gator! i will probably get one like that for the JLC too with a nice deployant clasp!)

Price: the price was ~100euros including postage!

Now the Pictures... the real deal first:

3842-6787.jpg

the rep:

3842-6788.jpg

3842-6789.jpg

3842-6790.jpg

3842-6791.jpg

3842-6792.jpg

3842-6793.jpg

3842-6794.jpg

3842-6795.jpg

3842-6796.jpg

3842-6797.jpg

3842-6798.jpg

3842-6799.jpg

3842-6800.jpg

something which used to be my "desk" :laugh: just found this pic on my camera and felt the urge to share it :)

3842-6801.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It just occured to me that ANdrew's Breuguet model w/ faux Tourby is almost identical!

If you look at Andrew's $88 special deal photo, you will notice same layout for day and date as well as tourby second hand with blue ribbon(?). I don't know how power reserve of JL would actually work for date function of Breuguet. It seems to me that they use identical movement.

• 2 weeks later...