When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big watch shows at your jeweler's

BobM

Here in Houston among our jewelers is a store called Zadock's. Zadok's Jewelers is a family-owned business but a big store. They are located on our equivilent of Beverly Hill's Rodeo Drive, on Poat Oak Blvd in the Galleria area. Last night they had their annual big watch show ... actually it is a two day - Friday/Saturday event ... but last night from 6:00 to 8:30 they put on a spectacular gala for invited guests ... Lots of wonderful food and drink ... they carry nineteen brands of watches:

Brietling, Raymond Weil, IWC, Swiss Army, Charriol, Omega, Tag Hauer, Panerai, Vacheron Constantin, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Cartier, Corum, Oiaget, Hublot, Baum&Mercier, Ulysse Nardin, Mont Blanc, Chopard, Bulgari

When I asked, I was advised there were 15 manufactures reps there. As I looked around the room at all the pretty people I judged there were about 200 folks milling around, all dressed to the nines!

It was a SPECTACULAR event! ... and lots of fun!

I went with a list of watches I wanted to see, hold, and examine. Even with all this watch armada there, I was surprised that more than half of the watches I wanted to see were not in stock. But I got to see and examine the Hublot Big Bang with the ceranic bezel. Very interesting. The Omega rep told me Omega is phasing out the Broad Arrow, will not be producing more of them! That was a surprise.

In any case it was a fun night. One of the reps told me they go to lots of these shows around the country at this time of the year. If one comes your way, go. Lots of glitter, pretty people, great food, and watches, watches, watches !!!