When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

07 Cousteau problems

82KUBA

i recevied a 07 CD on thursday and when i tested over night i noticed that the hour sub-dial is not counting .....everything else works and looks great ...i emailed my dealer about .... he hasnt replied but im sure its cause its the weekend .... should i exchange it and risk customs twice again or should i live with it until i get the watch service....i was gonna send about 3 watches to The Zigmeister at the end of next month ... what would u do

i recevied a 07 CD on thursday and when i tested over night i noticed that the hour sub-dial is not counting .....everything else works and looks great ...i emailed my dealer about .... he hasnt replied but im sure its cause its the weekend .... should i exchange it and risk customs twice again or should i live with it until i get the watch service....i was gonna send about 3 watches to The Zigmeister at the end of next month ... what would u do

Send it back.

If got by customs ... ask for full refund from the dealer.

Enough is enough

well my dealer contacted me today and will exchange the watch for me ..... he asked me to check it once more and will be sending the shipping info to me this afternoon if it still dosent work .... i tested it like three times .... not working ....

well my dealer contacted me today and will exchange the watch for me ..... he asked me to check it once more and will be sending the shipping info to me this afternoon if it still dosent work .... i tested it like three times .... not working ....

I received a BCE a few months ago that is perfect in all aspects except that the 30 minute counter sub dial (at 12) is not working. May be it can be solved by servicing, but one question is why should a new watch need service? Anyway, I did not complain to my dealer (one of the most reputable) and i am not sure he would offer a replacement. maybe I was wrong but I had a problem with anothe watch with the same dealer and he suggested that I will send the watch for checking with his watchsmith. Since I read some stories here about watches wondering around the world for months and for some reason don't get to their destinations, I decided to live with this minor fault and not to bother with the chronograph subdial as I almost do not use it. But if your dealer is sending you a substituion, why not?