When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

222 From El

sevomd

The gen PAM 90 uses the 7750 movement. The rep does not. Here's a website with pictures of the 7750 movement. It's clear that the movements pictured above are not 7750. Miyota/seiko/Asian 21J... whatever you choose to call it, it's not a 7750.

Too bad about the movement. The only faults I can spot on this watch are the date pusher (which is not present on the gen) and the usual date font problem. If a 7750 was used, there would be no need to drill the date pusher hole, and you'd have a remarkably good rep. Oh well, still pretty good looking, i guess.

Edited by fletch512

The gen PAM 90 uses the 7750 movement. The rep does not. Here's a website with pictures of the 7750 movement. It's clear that the movements pictured above are not 7750. Miyota/seiko/Asian 21J... whatever you choose to call it, it's not a 7750.

I would think so too. The movement doesn't remotely resemble 7750 at all.

I think it is finally safe to conclude that the movement in the 222 is NOT a 7750, but just the typical Asia 21J movement we saw quite a long time ago. There is absolutely no way that movement is a 7750, and I think there was a communication error.

Eddie, do you think the factory give you wrong information?

Btw, I have a PAM24 from you. that has a 7750 movement.

well, this is getting very interesting...

i have one question for all of you guys that you bought the watch....

WOULD YOU HAVE BOUGHT THE WATCH FOR 269$ IF YOU KNEW THAT THE MVT IN IT WASN'T THE ADVERTISED 7750b1 BUT THE "CHEAP" ONE FROM THE 090?

hmm... mine appears to be DOA... unless there is some trick to getting this movement started... i've got a full wind and a power reserve at 40... no tick tick tick tick and no movement with the back off...

edit, eddie's sending another... top-class service.

Edited by Jonathan

WOULD YOU HAVE BOUGHT THE WATCH FOR 269$ IF YOU KNEW THAT THE MVT IN IT WASN'T THE ADVERTISED 7750b1 BUT THE "CHEAP" ONE FROM THE 090?

I just did knowing it has the "cheaper" movement.

Why.? Because I love the looks of this watch despite the movement. If the overall look and feel is good, it's worth the $269, problem is, I can only tell if it's worth it when it's on my wrist, untill then , I trust Eddie and the reviews I've read.

:brow: When will I ever stop buying :brow:

Yes I would buy the watch again. This is a "limited" production watch with a look that I like. I do not get too stressed out about the movements. I have bought many Chinese movts that have been very solid performers. But to tell you the truth I did not even notice what the movt on the watch was before I ordered it, i just fell in love with the look oof the watch.

Eddy

well, this is getting very interesting...

i have one question for all of you guys that you bought the watch....

If there were 20 watches sold, I'm guessing EL is about to get 19 e-mails. This was my first transaction with EL (though I've bought from several other dealers). I can attest to the fact that he's been quick with e-mail responses, and the watch shipped out quickly. Despite these good qualities, I can't rationalize just throwing money away, and that's kinda how I feel about paying $269 for one of the cheaper movements available. If you bought a Sony TV and someone shipped you a Sanyo, would you still keep it because the plastic housing looked nice?

Edited by fletch512

PR PAMs with asian 21J (as per Joshua's link) are at 188 USD

- Add 30 USD for shipping

- Add another 40 to 50 USD (for the shake of being a new model just coming out).

That sums up 258 - 268 USD. So I guess EL's price is correct.

On the other hand it is clear that the movement is not a 7750.

... and btw , maybe I am having optical illusions .... but I see a gap (white to black square contrast) around the date window.

I can see it on the pics posted from members and I can see it on Joshua's std PR PAM (again asian 21J).

Who knows .... maybe on real size, this gap (if any) is invisible.

PR PAMs with asian 21J (as per Joshua's link) are at 188 USD

- Add 30 USD for shipping

- Add another 40 to 50 USD (for the shake of being a new model just coming out).

That sums up 258 - 268 USD. So I guess EL's price is correct.

On the other hand it is clear that the movement is not a 7750.

... and btw , maybe I am having optical illusions .... but I see a gap (white to black square contrast) around the date window.

I can see it on the pics posted from members and I can see it on Joshua's std PR PAM (again asian 21J).

Who knows .... maybe on real size, this gap (if any) is invisible.

Yeah, it's not a bad deal. Uggh. That reminds me of the first two reps I bought that were WAY overpriced. Almost twice as much as I should have paid! A lesson learned.

The dial is steel with the black coating applied on top. So, when the date window is cut out, you can see the steel at the edges. The cyclops magnifies the effect somewhat. You can't see the steel edge when looking straight at the watch, but you can see it when holding the watch at a slight angle. So it's noticeable, but not too bad.